How do you feel about the new texting and driving laws?

1. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about the new texting and driving laws?

I do agree with reservations. The distraction is dangerous, but what about G.P.S. digital readouts, DVD players, T.V.s  and rear cameras?

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

ANY distraction in the car is dangerous. That includes passengers and screaming kids! While listening to a GPS or a CD is not generally dangerous (your mind ignores them if it has to concentrate elsewhere), changing them or fiddling with them while driving, most certainly IS dangerous.

3. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

Similar to my answer for your profiling for texting question:

Phones should be taken from cars end of. You should be made to carry your phone in your boot so that you do not have access to it without stopping your vehicle. Driving is a privilege not a right. Learning to drive and driving tests should be seriously ramped up worldwide.

"I didn't know that" is no excuse. Obey the rules or WALK,

In addition the devices you mention I feel the same way about. No screens should be visible to the driver. In the rear for children yes but not the driver.

The driving tests are very poor. People should not be given licences until the can truly drive.

I have zero tolerance for peoples inability to operate their vehicle properly,

MJ..

working