jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

What car problems have you had or do you have?

1. NeptuneSalacia profile image66
    NeptuneSalaciaposted 5 years ago

What car problems have you had or do you have?

List and if you have already found the solution, post that too! Peas and tanks!

2. TNSabrina profile image61
    TNSabrinaposted 5 years ago

Over the years, I have had tons of car problems, and I have learned more than I ever cared to know about cars…LoL I’ve had slave and master cylinder, blowed up radiator and head gaskets, hail damage, starter, alternator, and we’ve replaced a transmission. Luckily, my husband is a diesel mechanic, so we DIY all our car problems. I just hand over tools and help bleed brakes and stuff.

NeptuneSalaciaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is great that you help him fix! I help Neptune with his cars as well. Do you ever have problems that you or him cannot fix?

3. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 5 years ago

A problem I'm having now is a tire keeps losing air. Have added a can of "flat fix" and worked for a short while, then just keep putting air in the tire. Looking for a used tire but was told it is not a common size, 24"...a new one is expensive, but may have to get it eventually.

Couple things we would like to know before helping you! smile
      - is this a slow leak?
      - where did you purchase the tires?

2. lupine profile image74
      lupineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I need to add air each day. I  forgot mention I had a patch put on at a tire repair shop about 2 weeks ago, but only helped some. I don't know where the tires were purchased, were already on there when I got the car.

3. NeptuneSalacia profile image66

Alright... Hmmm... Neptune's first thought is that since it came with the car, go to the dealership where you bought the car... Since I think you want to save on money, do you know what kind of leak it is? (sidewall cracks,valve stem leak,nails,etc)?

4. lupine profile image74

It was probably a nail, not on the sidewall.

5. NeptuneSalacia profile image66

I suggest going to the auto store. Pick up a kit. And diy. Save yourself money and learn some mechanic skills (:

6. lupine profile image74

Thanks Neptune Salacia...I am trying to do more things myself...it's just a matter of the correct knowledge.

7. NeptuneSalacia profile image66

The kit has step by step instructions. There are also youtube videos on how to do it as well. (: you got this.

working