jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have a personalized license plate? What does it say and why'd you get it?

1. Alexander Brenner profile image82
    Alexander Brennerposted 5 years ago

Do you have a personalized license plate? What does it say and why'd you get it?

2. prektjr.dc profile image84
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do!  I have one on my car.  I am a Pre-Kindergarten Teacher, by trade.  My plate reads  PREKTJR    In preschool we teach children to sound out their words, so the sounds are Pre-K Teejer  ....  I was originally an Elementary Teacher, so my first plates read  LMNTTJR    or Elementee Teejer  !  More fun!

My next one will be on a yellow car with black bumpers, etc to look a bit bumblebee like and will read  JSBZNBY   or Just Buzzin' By! 

I love the personalized tags and they are great conversation starters when traveling, BUT they are also a kick like when I had a Highway Patrolman pull me over to ask what my plate meant!  I sell Vault Denim Designer Jeans and have considered  JEANQEN.....who knows!

3. Radical Rog profile image80
    Radical Rogposted 5 years ago

No and I've never even considered getting one because I don't see the point.

1. lupine profile image73
      lupineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

4. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 5 years ago

No, I don't have a personalized license plate and wouldn't want one either. I think we pay enough in California for registering/licensing our cars..wouldn't pay the extra $45. fee each time for a personalized plate. I would rather express myself in other ways.

5. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 5 years ago

I don't have one. I don't want to be "marked" per se. Plus that, an extra $25 a year can go for other things IMO.

working