jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does your spouse text and drive while you and a child are in the car?

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

Does your spouse text and drive while you and a child are in the car?

Does your spouse ebay and drive?  Check the weather?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

If he did, he probably wouldn't be my husband anymore or I'd be doing all the driving.  I wouldn't deal well with anyone texting and driving with me or my kids anywhere near the car.  Our son was very badly injured by a distracted driver who rammed the school bus of kids into the back of a semi.  It took him a year to recover from his injuries fully - so NO, in no way would I tolerate that at all.  Fortunately he is a very cautious driver though and that would never be a problem. That's one area though where I would advise anyone to put their foot down.

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
      BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear of your son's injuries. Thank you for your informative answer.

3. holly-turner profile image61
    holly-turnerposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't stay with someone who had such a disregard for my safety. I suffered from massive anxiety with my last partner and he insisted on speeding everywhere, taking corners far too sharply. Only now I'm out of that relationship do I see how cruel that was.

4. Ericdierker profile image55
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Anyone who would do that needs professional mental health care help. I heard of a woman who was texting while driving. She was texting anti gun stuff because of the harm firearms cause. She killed two people with her speeding car.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Nobody in my family texts and drives. I don't even answer my cell phone if it rings while I'm driving.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Neither my spouse nor I text or answer our cells while driving. In fact, neither of us text at all. I don't get the fascination with it.

working