jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I am trying to get my dad to let me get a motorcycle. What are some good points

1. EtherInfomat profile image59
    EtherInfomatposted 3 years ago

I am trying to get my dad to let me get a motorcycle. What are some good points to argue.

It is a good looking motorcycle and cost less than a car. With that the insurance cost less, and there is protective gear I can wear.

2. Aniket Lawand profile image75
    Aniket Lawandposted 3 years ago

Well you can put up a case on why you need it the most. to add to it you can always put across that you will take good care of it. Not to forget to mention that you will help yourself fuel it and maintain it. Also you can mention that you take good care of it.
    Importantly you need to convince him that buying the bike will help you concentrate on the right goals in life else acquiring the bike will become your main goal.
    I hope that helps. smile

1. EtherInfomat profile image59
      EtherInfomatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

3. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

I think you've already made the right arguments--especially as long as you wear the protective gear. What kind of motorcycle is it?

4. kerbev profile image69
    kerbevposted 3 years ago

You could remind him that he made you, and if you kill yourself he could just make another son.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think everyone else has given the positive side. Has you're dad simply said no or has he given his reasons he doesn't think you should get a motorcycle? If he hasn't explained, ask him to sit down and discuss it and you have to actually listen. He may have some very good reasons for you not to get one right now and, if you listen, you might agree. I have my own bike, enjoy riding, and give a thumbs up to all other responsible and safe riders. That said, I hope he lets you get one.

working