I'd like feedback on my Hub: New Requirement of a Modified

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Aliswell profile image60
    Aliswellposted 8 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub New Requirement of a Modified "Boot Camp" for Congressional and Presidential Candidates starts in 2016! (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Aliswellposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Because NO ONE out of the Zillions of Hubbers feel they have any interest or time to reply and offer any criticism, Good, Bad, or Indifferent...I WILL!!!

Not Great old son, but have seen a lot worse and you can improve by simply keeping at it and learning what really "Cranks people's Tractors"!!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Your point of view is confusing and impractical at first glance. However, your effort is respected due to the sincere tone of writing. You never know if some are off contemplating it. As far as attracting readers, the idea of "bootcamp" for politicians is vague and hard to visualize or imagine, as it is beyond our sense of order, as far as what we are used to.

The current Bootcamp for politicians is Life, if you ask me. Those who end up, (through their own volition,) in the political spotlight, have truly endured trials and tribulations on many levels.
        I am curious what you would recommend as far as a bootcamp for:

Campaigning politicians?
        Potential leaders?
        Elected politicians?

It might be a good forum topic. The topics forum is a good place to test the waters.
        - which, I notice, you have not done. big_smile

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Under qualified is just one word if you look it up in the dictionary. I know the spell checker on here corrects it as two words. I've tried writing political hubs myself and they just don't go over well here. That may be why you aren't getting replies.

Thank you for your kind feedback!

3. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think you would have a better chance of passing QAP if you stop capitalising random words. As for the content - I think you make some good points. We in the UK are governed in the main by a bunch of old Etonians who have no idea how ordinary people live. Anyone can become an elected Member of Parliament, regardless of educational attainment. In some regards, that's a good thing but in many others, not so much.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

i was Wondering if the writer was "Even" a native english speaker. he REALLY should get someone from the u.s. or g.b. to read his hub and correct his english, then maybe his good points might be Understood.

… what good points, specifically?

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
            DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

i Was just commenting on RaggedEdge´s Comment, since she read it through. i COULD NOT even read his english.

2. Aliswell profile image60

Thank you for your kind suggestions!

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think your biggest problem is the title - it's far too long.   Do you notice on this forum, how most of the Hub title has been cut off?  When it's cut off like that (as it often will be online), the first few words make no sense on their own, so I would suggest revising to get the most important words nearer the beginning, e.g. "Boot Camp for Congressional & Presidential Candidates...."

I found the article confusing, I'm afraid.  Your title suggests there WILL be a legal requirement for candidates to go to some kind of boot camp, starting in 2016.   However your article starts by bemoaning the lack of training for candidates, then says nothing about anything new being introduced - so I assume that's not what you meant.

Next, your article talks about how military personnel have to go through boot camp.  I think you are implying that candidates should also undergo some kind of boot camp, but you don't say so, so I'm not sure.  What kind of boot camp would it be?   Who would run it?  Who would pay for it?  When would they undergo it - before putting themselves up for candidacy or after they're elected? 

Also I do agree that the random capital letters need to be removed.  HubPages expects magazine-quality articles with magazine-quality grammar and spelling.

Thank you Marisa, for your very constructive and sincere suggestions and comments! This was the type of constructive feedback I was looking for!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

'What better time to instill the assurance ... that congressional and presidential candidates, ("of ultimately life and death decisions") are
    1. Trained:  ?
    2. Tested: ?

in order to have the expertise required in order to "protect and serve those they make those claims to!!"

If an article is confusing after the very first paragraph, the eye tends to skip through the rest to avoid the forth coming flood of confusing and confused ideas.

PS I know very little of  the nature of bootcamp and it is probably a joke. lol

at the risk of offending the bitter and sarcastic individual who takes such great offence at my lack of proper pronunciation and sentence structure i will omit all attempts at such and would only say how much your sincere and helpful comments meant 2 me
      if I could but obtain the mind bending gut wrenching story telling ability about dogs that you have my heart would sore to heights never thought 2 attain

the lady on the other hand came across as brutely honest with a subtle attempt at improvement suggestions alas some jabs of sarcasim thrown in for good measure
      2 U both live long and well just live long pls feel free 2 not respond as I have definitely since receiving your input regretted asking for any feedback

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If that is how you respond to sincere feedback about how to write a successful hub, I shall save myself the time of making the attempt.  I do, however, suggest that you reconsider actually taking the advice to use conventionally (a.k.a. correctly) structured sentences and properly spelled words.

If you consider the "Dog Whisper" comments as sincere, then thanks, but no thanks to your advice!

Deleted

what did U not understand about: 'pls feel free 2 not respond as I have definitely since receiving your input regretted asking for any feedback'?????

ulp.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

I found the dogs!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
                psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What do you not understand about forums being public and shared discussions?

yeah.

They are my literary paintings caugt here on Hub Pages, my virtual matrix. 

really if you pick apart others for poor sentence structure vague attempted reader understanding and interest or misspelled words can you please back up and smell the roses

caugt

oh yeah intentially provided no capital letters or punctuation just for u

PS How about some quotation marks? (at least?)
                  … and where are the dingbots?

And, oh by the way! I would suggest you study up on the meaning, and usage of a.k.a! That abbreviation is normally used by law enforcement to refer to a criminal's alias.
            Not real sure why you used the parenthesis to de-emphasise your instruction to use 'conventionally' structured sentences, while at the same time...You propose to use the word 'correct' inside the parenthesis, as referenced by your incorrect usage of a.k.a...as having the same meaning??
            I believe the more appropriate use of the word 'correct', would be 'free from error', not as you tried to communicate as in an 'accepted or standardl method'.
            Finally, your usage of the adverb 'conventionally' after the words to use, upsets (to me) the entire sentence structure!!

Just Saying.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)