Does it mean something when a guy asks you to listen to a song like loving you t

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (22 posts)
  1. silverfoxygirl108 profile image68
    silverfoxygirl108posted 12 years ago

Does it mean something when a guy asks you to listen to a song like loving you tonight?

I was talking to this boy and he told me to look it up.... good song, but I was wondering if he meant something else. Anyone?

2. mikicagle profile image81
    mikicagleposted 12 years ago

It means he wants to be loving you tonight

3. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 12 years ago

It's hard to assume when it comes to this matter.  But try to see other cues in his behavior and his actions.  This can give you a better idea.

4. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

Don't assume it means anything other than he thought you might like the song. If you allow yourself to imagine he is trying to convey a "hidden message" to you then you might setting yourself up for a major disappointment.

Until you hear the words come out of his mouth expressing his feelings all poems, songs, and movies are nothing but "entertainment". Don't allow these to be projected on a person who has said nothing along those lines.

5. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

Wouldn't necessarily assume, but your suspicion could be correct. Look for any other possible obvious signs in the near future from him.

6. shogan profile image77
    shoganposted 12 years ago

Even if he did mean something by it, you can do better than a guy who tells you to listen to a song like loving you tonight.

7. whaturmissing profile image77
    whaturmissingposted 12 years ago

Men don't think that deeply.  Just means he likes the song.  Unless of course he's a Glee fan and is trying to communicate with you through  song wink

8. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

Most people don't know how to communicate, they will drop hints and all sorts of weird stuff to get your attention or to let you "know".  Don't entertain this kind of communication because you will forever be playing a guessing game regardless of you like the person or not.  It can be cute sometime but hey you can also set yourself up or just wind up looking like a fool if they are playing head games

9. ravenlt04 profile image60
    ravenlt04posted 12 years ago

Probably... He wanted you to hear something the artist sang.  smile  He most likely feels similarly or dreams about doing what the song says.  As a high school teacher (you seem young) and depending on your age... I would recommend different reactions....

10. nidhi.singh profile image60
    nidhi.singhposted 12 years ago

men are funny! i guess they dont much believe in hidden words or hints. they like things direct and clear. maybe he just likes the songs and wants to share it with you.

11. krisingreen profile image61
    krisingreenposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't assume anything cause guys like girls share things they like to other people especially to those they are friends with. It could mean something or not but for now, it would be better if you don't assume anything which might hurt you in the end. jUst be cool about it and be friends with him anyway

12. abrarr profile image58
    abrarrposted 12 years ago

it means that he wants to LOVE you TONIGHT LOLzzz

13. Kyle Rivers profile image61
    Kyle Riversposted 12 years ago

Seems to me someone is trying to set the mood for a pretty eventful night. Is he an interest of yours? Or is this a first date? If it's a Yes to the first question, and No to the other. Be very cautious. Get to know him first before you let him caress you with a love song. He may be only after one thing.....you know what it is.

14. missmary38 profile image60
    missmary38posted 12 years ago

Foxy girl, I am so glad I am on Hub Pages so I can help out girls like you! I have now been married to a wonderful man for almost a year and recently I was reading some messages between guys from when I was single. I was astonished at how much I over-analyzed, was always the first to make contact, etc. Guys are straight forward. Not only is it difficult for them to read signals, they also have a hard time giving out signals. (Of course there are always exceptions, I am saying this as a blanket generalization.)

As females we are born with that subtle craft of flirtation and dropping hints so we look for guys to do the same. I am telling you right now that there may be exceptions, but as a general rule, if a guy likes you he will ask for your number or he will ask you out. Don't make the mistake I did of spending so much time wondering, worrying and going after guys that are not worth the time! You deserve someone who likes you enough to make it clear that he likes you.

15. Brandon E Newman profile image65
    Brandon E Newmanposted 12 years ago

He wants you to get in the "mood" whilst thinking about him. Hes probably just trying to be romantic. Ask him to listen to Cheryl Crow's "Strong Enough."

16. kabugalewis profile image59
    kabugalewisposted 11 years ago

he could just as well be messing with you

17. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 10 years ago

Well, it might means he is trying to sound you out but then it is better to be direct. If you like him, why not ask a direct question? It is better than having a wrong thought.

18. Omar Eldamsheety profile image75
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 7 years ago

What did his eyes say when he told you to listen to that song ?

19. Khathija profile image68
    Khathijaposted 6 years ago

It depends on which kind of song he wanted you to listen... If it is a bit romantic and if the guy is actually not much into songs or romance then he may be into you ,but if he is into listening to romantic  songs then he is just referring it to you... Coz I have a guy friend who is into romantic songs and always recommends me to hear it but we're just friends... Hope it helps...

20. profile image0
    marcuscaineposted 6 years ago

I would say no. I think he just likes the song and wants you to enjoy it too.

A lot more info would be needed to know if he has feelings for you or not.

21. Abednego Adamu profile image57
    Abednego Adamuposted 4 years ago

Music is  life you no

22. higggins profile image61
    higgginsposted 3 years ago

I'm sure there's no use to judge a guy's intentions based on the song. Behavior speaks for itself, try to look for clues in your communication, not in his music preferences.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)