jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I hear a rattling noise in the front of my engine

1. profile image59
    bigdoggdefposted 18 months ago

I hear a rattling noise in the front of my engine

When I start it up in the morning no sound but after 5-10 minutes it will start making the noise for a minute might do it twice afterwards it'll stop and be alright for the rest of the day  until the next day then the same thing all over again. I tried revving up the sound is not coming from that either what can that be?

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 18 months ago

You should definitely see a mechanic. Any issues with your car can cause you to become a hazard to other drivers.

1. profile image59
      bigdoggdefposted 18 months agoin reply to this

That really doesn't answer my question  but thanks anyway. Thought that someone who can help would answer. I'll take it to a mechanic if it gets serious but right now it's not. That's a classic answer for someone who doesn't know anything about cars

2. nochance profile image92
      nochanceposted 18 months agoin reply to this

You could have any number of things that are loose like belts or fans. Some are serious, some are not. It's difficult to tell without seeing and hearing it.

3. profile image59
      bigdoggdefposted 18 months agoin reply to this

There's what I'm talking about I was going to pull my fan because it was making noise but that's only when it is cooling down but this noise goes away for the rest of the time it's running and a day or two afterwards weird right?

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 17 months ago

If it sounds like marbles rattling look to see if you have a leak and if you do it is probably the Water Pump.

4. profile image59
    bigdoggdefposted 17 months ago

Well I fixed the problem it was the cooling fan 30 minute job no more noise and didn't even have to go to a mechanic

working