jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite, modern, American invention?

1. Perspycacious profile image80
    Perspycaciousposted 14 months ago

What is your favorite, modern, American invention?

One of mine is the car key that opens the car locks (though thieves now hack them), and that same key opens the trunk, locks the doors, and locates the car.  Not bad, huh?  Now, if there was just a way to "unfreeze" the car from ice and snow, without running the engine and adding to pollution, I might vote for that one.

2. Ericdierker profile image52
    Ericdierkerposted 14 months ago

Online Bible references. I really am not a memorize the verse kind of fellow. But I know the phrases and context and stuff. Now I can go right to the chapter I am thinking about and boom I have it, and I have it in many versions which are great to compare.
    I still do not us the numbers in my sermons with few exceptions. Getting the point across is more important in my mind.

This was fun to reflect on - Thanks Demas
    and sorry to tell you but top of the line autos do, warm it up and defrost and warm you seats. For sure not my 2004 Corolla.

3. RocketCityWriter profile image80
    RocketCityWriterposted 14 months ago

I enjoy less flashy, household inventions - or more appropriately innovations. For example, the way your detergent bottle top now catches leftover liquid from the lid simply by screwing into the top rather than around it. Genius! Or the new sticky material lining the inside of some freezer bags for resealing. Simple ideas that we probably already take for granted, but made somebody rich (hopefully).

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 14 months ago

I agree with RocketCityWriter there are so many little innovations today we may not notice that are handy and dandy. I agree with the ease we have with home computers and the internet like Eric said. Adding to those I really like ratcheting screwdrivers with interchangeable hex bits. Plus, cordless tools. Hooray!!! No cords getting in the way or too short.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

Antibiotics. I owe my life to them, and so do a lot of people.