Drivers

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image52
    AshleyySposted 12 years ago

Disclaimer: I'm almost 100% sure I'm going to offend someone while they are reading this, so right off the bat, I'm sorry for anything i say that may that upset you. Its not intentional, I'm just opinionated. Second thing, I'm not racist. I make lots of racist comments because more often than not the people that aggregate me the most are of another nationality. It is not my fault that foreigners are annoying. If you don't want people to talk about you, stop being so annoying and/or go back to your own country, have you ever thought of that? No. Because you continue to visit our country and annoy caucasian americans, like myself, daily. 

My first rant is not really about drivers, it's about pedestrians in parking lots. Quick thing: THE PARKING LOT IS FOR CARS! Why do you insist on walking in the middle of the parking lot or slowly walking diagonally across the isle. Once again, THERE ARE CARS IN THE PARKING LOT! A car can kill you. Pay attention. Why do you think it's okay to do as you please, I just don't understand.
    Then there's those parking lots with the diagonal parking spots. The spots are angled so that you can only pull into the spot coming from one direction, hence the arrows on the ground and the small amount of room in each isle. So when I pull down the isle, going the right direction and you're coming at me head on, from the wrong direction, I'm not moving. Do not flick me off and get aggravated because you're wrong and I refuse to back my car up for you to pass through. You should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle if you're that stupid. We learned about arrows when we were three. How do you function in daily life, seriously?
    Another thing, turning lanes. I don't know if you see the big lane with several left pointing arrows in it, and even if you don't, is it ever okay to make a left hand turn form the right lane? No. So why do you flick me off for almost hitting you when I'm in the left lane, making a left turn. Most of the time they're canadians. I've been to Canada and I'm pretty sure it's a universally not okay to turn left from the right lane. Go back to Canada. I live 30 mind From the canadian border so, don't worry, I'll have a whole post about those idiots coming soon.
    And then there's the lane drifters. PICK A LANE! Holy crap, it is 100% unnecessary   to slowly drift back and forth between 2 or 3 lanes. Again, go back to Canada.
    It's astonishing to me that I've never been in a car accident. My main rule of the road? Always assume that every person is going to do the stupidest thing possible. Because they most likely are. Second rule, of you see a car with a Canadian license plate, assume they are going to do something that even the stupidest american wouldn't do. If you see a Canadian driver that's also Indian or Chinese, just turn around because they will either kill you, or piss you off..

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't bother to read anything from people with 0 hubs. To be precise a person without good hubs!! Just joining and coming to the forums to blabber - Huh!!

Maybe I'll read it when you've added some profile info as well

1. profile image52
        AshleyySposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I just joined and im trying things out right now. I've been told I'm pretty entertaining so, don't read it if you don't want to. It's for people with a sense of humor, clearly not for you smile thanks for the input I already forgot about it.. Are you canadian? Is that why you're being such a partypooper?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No I don't have the time it's already mid night I replied so that I can check it out tomorrow big_smile
          I'm not Canadian

1. profile image52

Fair enough.

2. garrettdixon profile image60
      garrettdixonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha I completely agree, there are a limitless number of idiots out there.  And I don't know about Canadians, haha but I know Justin Bieber is from there so I agree with hating them smile BTW you are pretty entertaining lol Thanks for making me laugh!

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

On some of my hubs I've been known to put, “Warning. Humor may be present.” Otherwise, some of my readers become greatly confused. I'm just saying... big_smile

3. lyndre profile image61
    lyndreposted 12 years ago

I have encountered the exact same problems in the UK.Crazy driving is universal.

lol

4. AshtonFirefly profile image70
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

I'm still not sure what the purpose of this post was.

To offend people? To get a rise out of people? To vent?

Sometimes people don't see something clearly. Or on a rare occasion do something stupid such as going the wrong way in a one way lane in a parking lot. Or because they're from a different location, trying to navigate and watch for other drivers and figure out where you're going is something that can confuse anyone, particularly in a large city. And they are probably feeling stupid themselves. They're human. You're human. We're human. We make mistakes. Yeah there's room for improvement. But it seems a rather minor annoyance in the broad scheme of things.

You do make racist comments. If you know it will offend, then why say it?

No, I'm not Canadian.

1. profile image52

It's just meant for entertainment. If you don't understand the humor and can't appreciate it, then don't read it? I also live in a small city and I understand that people make mistakes, but that doesn't give them a right to be assholes, that's where it gets annoying. I am offensive, but it's for humor purposes only, more people are entertained then offended. I just make observations, and most of the time, those people that I'm observing happen to be foreign. It's really out of my control.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
        AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I didn't read it, then I wouldn't have had any opinion on it. I read it because it was posted in a public forum. If you had not wanted people to respond to it, then you shouldn't have posted in a public forum.
          I understand it's meant for entertainment. I also understand the humor. This isn't about appreciating humor. It would be one thing to rant about bad drivers. It's another to target your comments toward people of a different race.  I just think your comments are offensive to the foreigners you address. Humor is good but humor at the expense of someone being offended at a direct comment made against their race seems a little inappropriate.  that was what I was saying.
          Each to their own.

5. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 12 years ago

"THE PARKING LOT IS FOR CARS!"

Agreed, but having parked what are people supposed to do?
    Sit there and wait for an hour and then drive off again?

1. profile image52

No, but the also shouldn't walk in the middle of the lanes or step out in the middle of the street without paying attention.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)