Become A Professional Pet Sitter
Starting a pet sitting business is a very fun and rewardomg part or full time business to have. If you love animals like I do, then this business venture will be right up your ally. The first thing you want to do when starting any type of business is to think up a business plan. Think about what areas you will provide the pet sitting services in. It will be in your best intrest to pick an area close by to your home that has easy access for you. Next you need to decide what kind of animals you would like to care for, whether it be felines, canines, ferrets, fish, rabbits, birds, etc.... Make sure you feel comfortable and enjoy caring for the specific type you choose. Remember the broader the range of animals you will pet sit, the more opportunities for income.
You will need to be bonded and insured for this type of business. It covers the pet owners pet and property if anything should happen. It is better safe than sorry. So don't give the insurance a second thought. Let's start this business off on the right foot. Also you will get more clients if you are bonded and insured. You can acquire the insurance and bonds at the two professional pet sitting organizations, Pet Sitters International and the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters.
Next you need to decide what your services will be and what you will charge per visit. Your rate may be determined by the number of pets you are caring for, the amount of time spent at each visit, what task are involved, and any special services requested by the pet owner.
Design a business card and flier to help promote your business. List your company name, email address, and phone number , and the state in which you are bonded and insured with on the business card and flier. Become a member of a professional pet sitting organization and list that on your flier. A catch phrase on the business card and flier will make it rememorable. Visit your local animal vet and ask to leave a batch of your business cards on the counter, most will say no problem. Put a flier up at the supermarket, put an ad in the paper, and Craiglist has a services section you can place an ad as well. Exposure is the key, and if you don't advertise, no one will call you.
Free Business Cards And Fliers
- Vistaprint - Business Cards - Full Color Printing - Digital Printing Company | Vistaprint
Stand out from the crowd on a budget with free business cards! At Vistaprint, you can customize all of your marketing materials to match your business look.
Do Your Best
Always put your best foot forward with all your clients. Always be courteous, explain your qualifications and intentions. Word of mouth will drum up new business.
Four Benefits Of Pet Sitting
1. It does not cost a lot to start a pet sitting business. Initial cost will be for business cards and fliers. But some advertising can be done for free via Craigslist.
2. If you are an animal lover, there could not be a better job to have. You get paid for doing what you love.
3. Clients are easy to get, whether it be from your advertising or word of mouth. People are always going on trips and need someone to watch their pet.
4. Clients will pay you well for taking good care of their pets.
Other Money Making Ideas
- How To Sale Your Plasma To Donor Centers, Help Trauma Victims, Make Some Extra Money, And Feel Good
Donating plasma is a wonderful thing to do for the community, and it can make you a little extra cash. This article explains what plasma is, how to donate it, and how it helps others.
- How To Make Huge Money With An Ebay Business
- Make Easy Money With Other People's Junk Metal
- How To Start Your Very Own Lawn Care Business On A Shoestring, And Make Huge Profits, While Keeping
This hub explains the necessary steps involved to start a successful lawn service, where you have the ability to make $200.00 a day.
- How To Make Extra Cash In Your Spare Time Starting A Part Time Business.
Descriptions of home businesses that you can start with little or no money, and make a good profit.
- Tax Free Money Making Ideas
How To Make Tons Of Money On The Weekends Or Your Spare Time, Starting Your Own Part Time Business From Home. These Businesses can be started on a shoestring and can yield high profits.
- How To Scrap Valuable Metals, Like Copper, Aluminum, And Brass From Everyday Items, And Get The Best
How to collect valuable metal like Copper, Aluminum, and Brass from everyday items, and make a great income. Details on how to find scrap metal, how to tear it down, and sale it for a profit.
- How To Make Explosive Income, Start A Cleaning Business
Starting a cleaning business is an easy and lucrative thing to do. You can start this type of business on a shoestring budget. Details on where to start, how to get customers, and what to charge.