- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
Part Or Full Time Income Ideas Are Right At Your Fingertips. Making Extra Income With A Part Time Or Full Time Business Has Never Been Easier
Amazing Ideas For A Part Time Business And Money Making Ideas
Below you will find a list of extra income ideas. If you devote some time to these ideas it is easy to make extra money to supplement your full time income. If more time is devoted it is possible to rely on them as your sole source of income. Starting your own business in these difficult times will assure self preservation for you and your family.
Home- based Business Are On The Rise.
After the decline in our economy in 2009 there has been an upward trend in the amount of people starting their own part time or full time home-based business. The increase from 2009 to the present date has been around 6 percent. People start a home-based for one simple reason Freedom. Freedom of not worrying about paying the bills on time, Freedom to spend more time with their families, and Freedom to be self sustaining and not be dependent on a corporation or someone else for their livelihood. These are all good reasons I think for someone to start their own business, or at least find other ways to supplement their income. Once this is accomplished successfully the business owner can feel a little bit of this Freedom that everyone seems to be after according to recent statistics.
1. Start A Lawn Care Service As A Part Time Business
Starting a lawn care service as a part time or even full time business venture is very easy to do, very profitable, and in high demand. There are plenty of clients out there in your city that do not want to perform the upkeep on their lawns their selves. They are more than happy to pay a professional like your self to perform the task. For more information on starting such a part time or full time business preview the very useful article below. Follow all the steps in the article, and you will be a success in the lawn care industry.
Starting A Lawn Care Service Is An Easy Money Making Idea
Many of you have considered starting a lawn care service as a part time business to supplement your present income or hopefully be successful enough to quite your job and do it full time. But most of you have not followed through because of lack of faith, that it would not be successful. Well think again my friend. The truth is, anyone can be a success at starting their own part time business in the lawn care service field. It does not take much skill, almost everyone has mowed the lawn, pull weeds, fixed up flower beds, etc.. In this article I will give you a brief overview of the entire lawn care business, how to get clients, and how to be successful at this part time business. This by far is the best business an individual can start. Clients will pay you well for this service and the repeat business is a plus and assures plenty of income coming in year round.
Lets Get Started
A lawn service is a service you provide for a property owner who doesn't have time to mow their grass themselves or really doesn't want to. The first thing I suggest is to make a professional looking door hanger, and place it on as many doors in your neighborhood as you can. A door hanger is simply like a flier, but you can hang it on the door knobs of people's homes. A print shop will be able to help you in this area. Just draw up a basic idea and go to the print shop so they can help you get everything started. The door hangers will allow you to get your foot in the door and let people know you are in business. Also place fliers in as many grocery stores, hardware stores, and local shops as you can. It helps if you have a catchy business name like, The Lawn Shark, The Cutting Edge, The Mow Shop, etc... Use your imagination and get your part time business off to a great start. Design a logo for your business. Something that will catch everyone's eye. A memorable phone number is also a good plus to have for your lawn service.
Ten Ways To Use Fliers To Promote Your Part Time Lawn Service Business.
1. Existing customers are a great idea for getting the word out about your lawn service. Kindly give them some of your fliers and ask if they would hand them out to friends and family.
2. Hand them out- Pick your targeted area and just walk the streets, handing out fliers and asking people if they would like a free estimate to mow their lawn.
3. Door to door delivery- Select houses in your target area and go house to house and hang the fliers on peoples doors. You can get the print shop to make up fliers that fit nicely over the door handle.
4. Insertion in local publications- Many local newspapers and other publications will insert your flier into it for a small fee.
5. Waiting rooms- Laundromats, dentist offices, doctor offices, are great places to put your fliers.
6. Parking lots- Just simply place your flier under the wipers of peoples cars at the local supermarket, be sure it is not a windy day because this might tarnish your reputation if the fliers are blown all over town.
7. Community boards- These bulletin or community boards are located at schools, churches, court houses, etc.. Look for them and politely ask permission to hang your flier.
8. Busy events- Carnivals, garden shows, community garage sales, etc.. are a great place to get the word out.
9. Direct mail- purchase a mailing list of targeted prospects, and mail them your flier.
10. PO drop box- Some post offices will arrange to have a copy of your flyer inserted into each one of their PO Boxes. A small fee is charged for each flier.
Once you have finished hanging all of your fliers, it is now time to call all of the local real estate agents and let them know about your lawn care service. Inform them that you provide basic lawn service for any vacant properties they may have. Odds are they have one, know of one, that needs your service now.
After you have done the above steps, I suggest putting up an ad on Craigslist in the services section. You will be amazed at how many replies you get from people who want lawn service. Always put a phone number in your ad, and always be polite and professional over the phone. These ideas will help this part time business succeed.
Equipment For Your Part Time Business
Starting a lawn care service as a part time business requires that you haul equipment from job to job. So you will need a reliable truck or a truck and trailer would be even better. Other lawn care equipment will be needed, like mowers, blowers, trimmers, edgers, rakes, shovels, etc... Always keep your equipment in good running order. Sharpen blades, change the oil, and spark plugs. There is nothing more frustrating that getting to a job and your equipment does not work. This will save time and make you more money in the long run if all your equipment works correctly in this part time business. Having a advertising car magnet on your truck and trailer will help promote your business while your driving from job to job. People will see the advertisement on your vehicle and know what it is you do and give you a call to set up an appointment. Make sure your phone number is on the advertising car magnet.
Deliver More Than What Is Expected In This Part Time Business
When you are doing a job for a customer, always do a better job than the customer is expecting. Pull extra weeds, pick up sticks and haul them away for the owner. This will ensure repeat business, and endless word of mouth advertising, which is worth its weight in gold for any part time business trying to make it. Always ask your clients if they know of anyone else who is in need of your services. I am sure they will be more than happy to help your business grow. If you do a good job for them, then they will have no problem giving you referrals.
How To Charge Customers In The Lawn Care Service Part Time Business.
Another difficult task in setting up a part time lawn care service is knowing what to charge your customers. This is actually very simple. First, estimate your entire cost (including gas, oil, etc.) and add up to 10% to that. Then figure how many hours you feel it will take you complete the job. (consider travel time in the equation as well) and multiply that by the amount you feel you should be paid per hour (Never work for less than $20 per hour). Add those two numbers together and add 30% to cover your taxes and insurance. This is a fair way to figure out your pay, and your customer will appreciate it very much.
Proper mowing height For Your Part Time Business
Cutting grass as short as possible for your customer is not always the way to go. Most customers want you to do this because in their minds they think the shorter the grass is cut, the longer the time before your next visit. This is somewhat true, but is not always the best scenario for the lawn. Below is a chart of different lawn types and the proper height to cut them at.
Mowing Height (in inches)
2 to 3
2 to 3
2 to 3
2 to 3
1/4 to 3/4
1 to 1.5
2 to 3
Other factors can contribute to how often and how tall to cut the grass. Lawn health, soil consistency, nutrient level, and the amount of water the lawn can absorb should all be considered.
Other Services You Can Offer Your Customers When Starting This Part Time Business.
1. Leaf Raking- easy money making idea for your business
2. Gutter Cleaning Service- profitable money making for your business
3. Branch Removal- great add on for your money making business
4. Weed pulling- doesn't take much time for your money making business
5. Power Washing Service- you can charge quite a bit for this service
6. Junk Removal- you can combine this with your scrap metal business
7. Pruning/Trimming- This is a year around add on to your money making business
8. Fertilization Of Lawn- This is a very profitable add on to your money making business
9. Sod installations- Take some time, but is very profitable for your money making business
Watch This Short Video On How To Start A Lawn Service
- How to Start a Lawn Care or Landscaping Business | Entrepreneur.com
Cutting the grass isn't for teenagers anymore. Put your landscaping and lawn-care skills to work by starting a lucrative business.
- How To Start A Lawn Care Service And Make $200.00 A Day
This hub explains the necessary steps involved to start a successful lawn service, where you have the ability to make $200.00 a day.
2. Start Writing Hubs As A Part Time Business
Start writing hubs for Hubpages as a part time business, again easy to do, very enjoyable, it can be lucrative if done properly and if you have a lot of patience. Here is a list of directories you can advert you hub at.
Hubpages Is An Easy Money Making Idea
- Make Money Writing on HubPages
If you want to learn to make money writing, HubPages is a great place to start because it's easy to use and there are a variety of ways to make money with no money whatsoever.
3. Scrap Metal As A Part Time Business
Scrap metal items for cash as a part time business. This is insane, pick up people's junk metal, and take it to the scrap yard and make a good income. Scrap is high right now, Metal is easy to find, and it does not take much time to collect a bunch of it. For a good read on how to scrap for money read the article below.
Scrapping Metal Is An Easy Money Making Idea
Metal Scrapping In A Tight Economy.
Metal is a most wonderful thing, first of all it's shiny, abundent in almost everything we see and touch, and it can make us money in this once again tight economy. Let me start by saying, its great to have a real job, and i'm very thankful for that everyday, but if it wasn't for metal and scrapyards, I might not have cash to spend on my family sometimes. Scraping metal for money has helped my family out on one or more occasions. The money you will make scraping is tax free, and you will make a fair price. You will meet some nice people along the way, and at most time it is easy to find.
Let me explain to you what scrap metal is. Scrap metal is discarded metal suitable for reprocessing. Basically it is items composed of metal that they don't want anymore, throw away, or metal items that are out of service and need to be recycled. Here are some examples: soda cans, broken appliances, broken gold and silver jewelry, copper wire, batteries, and the list goes on and on. Remember almost everything has some sort of metal in it, and this makes is suitable for scraping.
When you start scraping for money you will need some tools to make the job easier. Here is a basic list of what you will need: hammer, screw drivers (common and phillips head), wire cutters, and razor knife. You will need a trailer, or truck to haul the material to the scrap yard. A car will work too, but in order to make more money you need more vehicle. A computer is helpful, but not necessary. A good attitude and a willingness to work for your money is most important.
Now, that I have given you a brief description of what scraping is, I hope you are ready to get started by reading below. I will give you techniques on how to get the job done quicker, and how to maximize your profits. Scraping is a good hobby, it earns you extra doe, keeps you occupied, and it is good for our environment.
Where To Find Scrap Metal When Starting Your Part Time Business.
I guess your thinking to yourself by now, this might not be half bad of an idea. You can make extra money and help the environment out along the way. Not a bad deal is it? Now that you decided this is something you want to do, you need to know where to find it. Below is a list of places you can find scrap metal.
1. DUMPSTERS - Dumpsters are a great place to find scrap metal. People throw away televisions, stereos, car parts, batteries, almost anything you can imagine in dumpsters. Take a look inside one and see what you might find.
2. CAR WASHES - People are always off-loading junk metal at the car wash. People get rid of, tire rims, wheelbarrows, aluminum cans, and household metal items there.
3. CRAIGSLIST - You can place ads on Craigslist letting people know you will haul away there scrap metal. Haul away their old appliances, junk barbecue pits, car batteries, window air conditioners, just let them know in the add you do not charge a fee, and only want to pick up there metal items. Place your ad in the services section of Craigslist.
4. Your Home - You will be amazed at how much metal scrap you can get rid of from your own home.
5.Apartment Buildings- People are always moving in and out of apartment buildings. They usually will discard metal items at or near the buildings dumpster. So drive by and keep you eyes peeled.
6. Garbage Day - Know when trash day is in various neighborhoods around where you live. Hit these areas early before the other guy does.
7. Auto Repair Shops- Just ask them if they would like you to haul off their old car parts and metal items. Sometimes you can even charge them a fee for doing them this service.
8. Your Job - Depending on your occupation, you may be able to obtain scrap from there. HVAC, plumbing, mechanic, and many other jobs provide a good source of scrap.
9. Hit Them Up After The Yard Sale - Most people after having a yard sale just want the stuff hauled away. Contact them after the sale and strike a deal. It doesn't hurt to ask.
10. Under Bridges - Just take a look under bridges, people discard large metal items like appliances there.
11. Bulk Pick Up Day - Most communities have a bulk pick up day. This is where the city picks up large items like appliances, furniture, and bbq pits.
12. Plumbers- Plumbers have a lot of leftover and used brass fittings they just want hauled away. Call them or meet in person to see if something can be worked out where you pick up the scrap once a week. Sometime you can even get paid to pick it up, and then also make money from selling it to the scrap yard.
13. Go Door To Door- It can't hurt to pick a neighborhood and knock on the home owners door. Ask them for their unwanted scrap metal items. Most people will have something of value they need removed from their home. Old appliances, barbecue pits, car parts, etc.. are available. Always have business cards to hand them, so they can contact you in the future if they need something removed.
14. Steel And Machine Shops- This is a great place to get lots of scrap metal, and you must be very professional in your approach. If done properly this could land you a residual income.
16. Construction Sites-These are a great score for scrap metal, just contact the head foreman and explain what it is you do, and more than likely you will have scrap running out of your ears.
17. Shooting Ranges- Great for finding brass and aluminum cans.
Approximate Value Of Scrap Metal.
Aluminum- Approx. price - 0.70 cents per lb.
Stainless Steel- Approx. price. - 0.80 cents per lb.
Copper- Approx. price. - $2.50 per lb.
Brass- Approx. price - $1.30 per lb
Iron- Approx. price - 0.10 Cents per lb.
Prices do change on the daily basis, and this is just an average price list. It is important to check the price daily so you can negotiate a good deal with the scrap yard.
How To Identify Scrap Metals In This Part Time Business.
1. Iron or Steel is heavy,it will rust, it is abundant, it is very strong, and will draw a magnet.
2. Aluminum is very light, will not rust, and does draw a magnet.
3. copper is usually used in wiring and electronics, it tarnishes easily and is usually a brown or red color, and when copper is pure it is a beautiful pink color, unlike when it oxidizes it is a strong green color. Copper will not draw a magnet.
4. Iron is denser than steel so small amount will feel very heavy, it is malleable or soft and can be scratched with a finger nail, and lead does not draw a magnet.
5.Brass is yellow in color, it is usually worth half the value of copper, and it will not draw a magnet.
6. Stainless Steel is a very light silver color, not magnetic, and does not rust easily.
Save Aluminum Cans.
Saving and recycling aluminum cans not only earns you money but also helps our world and environment. According to Clear Stream Recycling, one aluminum can recycled saves enough energy to produce 1/2 gallon of gas. Additionally, aluminum cans can be recycled repeatedly, whereas a can in a landfill takes 500 years to disintegrate. Recycling cans is not likely to produce substantial income, but it can add up for small expenses.
List Of Everyday Items You Can Scrap To Get Your Part Time Business Started Off Right.
1. computer monitors
2. television sets
3. washers and dryers
5. vacuum cleaners
6. window air conditioning units
7. lawnmowers and weed eaters
8. computer towers
10. meter loops
11. bbq pits
12. hot water heaters
14. food and beverage cans
15. coaxial cable/dsl cable
This just goes to show that almost anything can be sold for cash at the scrap yard.
Now That You Have Scrap. What To Do With It ?
Now that you have your scrap metal, we need to tear it down and process it for the valuable metal inside. Appliances are full off copper wire, motors, stainless steel, and aluminum. Tear the appliance down with your tools and remove these items. Computer monitors and televisions are full of copper and aluminum. Window air conditioners are full of copper tubing, motors, and condenser coils. You will get a much higher price if you tear down the units and collect the precious metals inside. Now if it is getting the copper out of an electric motor, this is hardly worth your time and effort because this is a difficult task. Use your best judgment. After you have collected all of the copper, aluminum, brass and any other valuable metal from the units separate it all and sale the rest as shred (scrap).
How To Prepare Your Scrap Metal For Maximum Sale For Your Part Time Business.
When taking your scrap Aluminum collection to the scrap yard, make sure it only contains Aluminum. If your aluminum is mixed in with other types of metals most scrap yards will deduct a certain percentage from the price. It is also very important to keep your scrap Aluminum clean and rust and garbage free. You will yield a higher price if you follow these steps. Also make sure there are no other attached metal to your scrap Aluminum. Screws, nails, and other attached parts will reduce the amount you get.
Copper wire is worth quite a bit at the scrap yard, and should be prepared so we get the highest price possible. First of all we must make sure it is clean. That means if there is any casing on the wire we remove it. This will let you acquire the highest price possible. Also separate it into grades. There are many grades to copper, and it should be separated correctly.
Getting the highest price for your Brass is the same as above. Keep everything very organized and clean. Below you will find article explaining the different grades of Aluminum, Copper, and Brass.
- Scrap Junk Metals From Appliances And Get The Most Weight
How to scrap junk metals and make the most money.
- How To Scrap Copper From Discarded Electronics And Make Lots Of Money
Tips on how to make money scrapping copper wire from everyday items.
- Scrap Metal Explosion, Cash In On An Easy Payday
4. Clean Houses As A Part Time Business
Clean other people's homes, very easy to do, you get paid well, and it is easy to get clients. Just remember to do a good job and always be on time and courteous.
Starting A Cleaning Business Is An Easy Money Making Idea
Where To Start, When Starting A Part Time Cleaning Business.
Starting a cleaning business is an easy and lucrative thing to do. You can start your cleaning business on a shoestring budget, and growth of the cleaning business depends on how much you put into it. The first thing you need to decide for your cleaning business, is if you are serious enough to make a real attempt to make some real money, with minimal work and overhead.
Residential Or Commercial Part Time Cleaning Business.
The first thing you need to decide for your cleaning business, is if you are going to clean residential properties or commercial, or both. I would suggest sticking to residential till you get the hang of the business. Most residential customers are a little more forgiving when it comes to you learning the ropes, and trying to make a go of this type of business. Commercial companies expect a little more, and they expect Urgency, which is something you may not be able to provide until you get more experience and time.
Supplies For Our Part Time Business.
Now that you have decided you are going to clean residential properties, we need to get some supplies for our cleaning business. You will also need to check to see if your cleaning business needs to be licensed in your city for this type of service. Most cities don't require such a license for cleaning businesses.
How To Get Customers For Your Part Time Business.
There are many ways to get customers for your cleaning business, and I will explain how to get them step by step. I would suggest getting some nice business cards with the name of your cleaning business on them. Please do not skimp on the business cards, You want your cleaning business to look and be professional. Start by handing out your business cards to people you know and explain that you are in the cleaning business for yourself now and would like to have them as a customer.
Put and add in the paper for your cleaning business and explain what services you provide and a phone number that you can be reached at. If you are not by your phone all the time, have an answering machine or voice mail with a professional sounding message. Again you want to be professional about your cleaning business.
Put an add on Craigslist in the services section for you particular city, and again make sure your add is professional. Leave them a contact email and a phone number to reach you at. You can put in the add that you will give free estimates for cleaning jobs, and that will draw a lot of replies which will lead to paying jobs.
Hand out fliers for your cleaning business, put them on windshields, on bulletin boards, laundry mats, or wherever you can find to put them. A print shop can print these out for you at a reasonable rate. I suggest using bright colored paper that will draw more attention to your flier, and again put something on the flier, like FREE ESTIMATES, or HALF OFF YOU FIRST CLEANING SESSION. These tactic really work and you will have a lot of work in no time.
What To Charge For Service In This Part Time Business.
In my opinion, I would not do anything for less than $20.00 per hour. You have to factor your supplies, gas, and your time in the equation, and I think that is a fair rate of pay for this service. So if a house is going to take you a couple of hours to clean, charge $40.00 or $50.00 for the job. There are not a lot of jobs out there where you can start off making that type of money. Remember as your cleaning business grows, you may have to hire help, so factor that in when giving estimates in the future.
Offer Promotions And Gift Certificates To Get Customers For Your Part Time Business.
House cleaning gift certificates make great gifts for any occasion. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Housewarmings, Weddings, Baby Showers, Christmas and Valentines Day. I have a lot of requests for gift certificates around Christmas. If you have a website you can email the gift certificates to the recipient.
Offer a referral program. If one of your current customers lands you a new cleaning account. They get 50 percent off their next cleaning session, or the next cleaning session is free. This is a good system for getting new clients fast and your current customers do all the work in getting new clients.
Offer coupons for cleaning services at a discounted rate. This is also a good promotion that will land you new customers quickly.
- Vistaprint - Business Cards - Full Color Printing - Digital Printing Company | Vistaprint
Stand out from the crowd on a budget with free business cards! At Vistaprint, you can customize all of your marketing materials to match your business look.
5. Having A Yard Sale Is A Great Money Making Idea
Having a yard sale twice a month is easy money, you can easily make a couple hundred dollars extra every month by selling you unwanted items. Or you can buy items off of Craigslist and sale them for a profit.
Having A Yard Sale Is An Easy Money Making Idea
How To Have A Successful Yard Sale
Having a successful yard sale is really easy, and fun to do. In this hub I will explain things that you need to know and do to make the yard sale successful and run smoothly. A yard sale frees up space in your home or garage and it puts a little extra money in your pocket for shopping or paying bills. I personally like the shopping, more than paying the bills. So lets get started, below you will find the information you need to know to have a successful yard sale.
Always plan your yard sale for the first of the month. The reason for this is most people are paid bi-monthly, meaning that they will get paid at the first of the month, or the last of the previous month. People are more likely to go to yard sales and buy what they need at this time
Watch the weather forecast, nothing ruins a yard sale more that rain. So start looking at the weather at least 10 days out, before a date is decided or any advertising is submitted to the paper.
Start the yard sale early, at least by 7 a.m. Many hard core yard sale shoppers will be beating down your door, to get the best buy.
Advertise your yard sale in the newspaper and Craigslist.
Make yard sale signs out of poster board and black markers, and hang them at highly traveled intersections with your address on them. And always take down your signs after your yard sale. This is just common courtesy and will be appreciated by everyone.
Have plenty of change on hand. Don't miss a sale just because you don't have enough quarter, nickels, or dimes. Using a cash box will make the job easier to keep track of your money.
Price items cheap so they will sale, and you won't have to deal with cleaning up so much after the yard sale. You are not going to get wealthy from having a yard sale, and the idea is to sale stuff cheap and make more room in your home or garage, and a little extra money in your wallet.
Make sure everything is marked with a price, you can use masking tape and a black marker for this, or a pricing gun. Customers hate it when nothing is marked with price and they have to come find you and ask. If items are not marked, you are usually going to lose a sale.
Display your items well. No one likes to go to a yard sale where everything is unorganized and looks bad. Put like items together, make sure everything is marked, and all items are clean and neatly displayed. This will help a lot with making sales.
Don't accept checks, a yard sale should be a cash only venture. Accepting checks from people you don't know will only get you burned.
- Having a Successful Yard Sale Confessions of a Yard Sale Fanatic
Tips and info on becoming yard sale savvy and holding a successful yard sale or garage sale
6. Donating Plasma Is Another Great Idea For Making Money
Sale your plasma might make you squirm a little, but then again it is for a good cause and you can make extra money every month doing this.
Donating Plasma Is An Easy Money Making Idea
Donating plasma is a wonderful thing to do to help fight disease, plus it will put a little extra money in you pocket to help pay bill, or to just have a little extra spending money. So what is plasma you are asking me. Well it is the yellowish portion of the blood that transports water and nutrient to all the cells in the body. It is used in transfusions for burn victims, people who have had trauma to the body or shock. The body replenishes plasma really fast, but there are a few things you should know before you donate this organic material.
Look in your local yellow pages and look for your nearest plasma collection center or blood collection center. Call them to see if they are accepting plasma at the time, and what there hours of operation are.
Always eat something at least two hours before you go to the plasma center, and drink a lot of water to avoid feeling light headed or faint. This is very common after giving plasma or giving blood. So the best thing you can do is stay hydrated and have plenty of nutrition in your body.
The first time you go to the plasma center, expect to stay a few hours. They will test your blood to make sure you are not HIV positive, ask if you have had any piercing or tattoos in the last year, or health problems like cancer, or diabetes. They will give you a physical and test you for drug use. You will also have to sign a waiver.
If approved to donate plasma you will donate that day, so sit down, relax and let the technician do all the work. They will insert a needle into you arm and pump blood from your body into a machine which will separate the plasma from the red blood cells. After the plasma is collected the red blood cells are pumped back into your body. This process is called apheresis. Everything is sterile, so no worries.
After your initial visit donating plasma will only take about and hour. You can earn about $35.00 each time you go to the plasma center. and you can only donate twice per week. That is an extra $280.00 a month. That is not bad at all for a few hours work, and think of all the good your plasma is doing for trauma victims.
Sale Plasma As A Part Time Business
- Donate Plasma, Get Paid! | Insurance for the blood supply. Prevent deaths in your community. BloodBa
- How To Sale Your Plasma To Donor Centers, Help Trauma Victims, Make Some Extra Money, And Feel Good
Donating plasma is a wonderful thing to do for the community, and it can make you a little extra cash. This article explains what plasma is, how to donate it, and how it helps others.
7. Start An Online Store As A Part Time Business
Start an on-line store and start selling products that you by wholesale or by in bulk, that way you can make a hefty profit. Advertise on Craigslist or other online classifieds.
Starting An Online Store Is An Easy Money Making Idea
Starting An Online Store As A Part Time Business
Starting an online store is both fun and will make you a lot of money if done correctly. There are many items customers would like to buy from their homes rather than drive to the shopping center and fight the crowds of rude people. Customers would rather buy online because they can usually get a better price than at the shopping centers. Online shopping is very competitive and customers can buy just about anything online. A great deal of the success of an online store is the convenience of them. Customers can shop from their home 24/7 and compare prices right from their fingertips to get the best bargain.
3 Qualities You Must Have To Start An Online Store
Steps To Start Your Part Time Business.
1. Decide what niche you are most interested in. Whether it be fishing rods or plasma tv's. Pick one and stick with it. Decide your price point and what the customer base will be. Research buying habits and direct your attention in this area. Find suppliers for whatever niche you decided on. Drop shippers are the best I think, because it cost you no up front money. You do not have to have inventory on hand. Advertise the item on your online store, when you make the sale, order the item and ship it to your customer via a drop shipper
Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailerdoes not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.
2. Decide If the line of products you've decided to sale are viable. If you come to the conclusion they are not, Move on to another idea or niche until you are sure the items are wanted or needed by your targeted market. We have to make sales to stay in business. Also consider the profitability of your product.
viable is having a reasonable chance of succeeding.
3. Always research your competition. Visit a website that sales similar products. Examine the way the website looks. Take notice of the layout and the colors used. Also find out what forms of payment are accepted and what prices are like. You want to be competitive, so do your homework.
Unique Selling Point Of Your Part Time Business.
4. It is very important to stick out from the competition, and this is where unique selling point comes into play. Unique selling point is anything that separates you from the competition whether it be that you claim to have the (FASTEST SHIPPING IN THE UNITED STATES),( FREE SHIPPING), (YOUR ONE STOP SHOP), or (A FREE GIFT WITH EVERY ORDER) . Those were just examples of course, it will be up to you to find your unique selling point.
Name Your Part Time Business.
5. Naming your online store is very important. It needs to be something that is relevant to the product you are going to be selling. Make your store name catchy and something customers will remember. After you have named your online store it is important to register the domain. The domain name should be similar to the store name. If a similar domain name can't be bought, then go back to drawing board and pick another store name.
Get A Bank Account For Your Part Time Business.
6. Open a business checking account at your local bank. Keep your personal bank account separate from the business one.
Choose your website platform For Your Part Time Business.
7. Choosing the appropriate website platform for your online store is an important step. I recommend using a free shopping cart program such asZencart orOsCommerce - but only if you are comfortable modifying it.
8. Now that we know what we are going to sale, and who we are going to sale it to, we need to find out how much of it we are going to sale. The more items in the same niche will attract more customers. So I suggest starting out with at least 50 products in the same niche. This will almost guarantee to attract customers looking for specific items.
Set Up Your Part Time Business.
9. You should of already signed up forZencart or OsCommerce. Follow there online instructions and set up your online store in no time. Be sure to follow the instructions and make your store the best it can be.
- Free Ecommerce Website - Create your own online shop with FreeWebstore
FreeWebstore.org - Create your own free ecommerce shop. Build your store, setup your products and start making your fortune with a website powered by our free ecommerce software.
- How to Start An Online Store
8. Become A Pet Sitter For A Part Time Business.
Become a pet sitter, people like to take great care of their pets, and are willing to pay big bucks for someone like you to do it.
Starting A Pet Sitting Business Is An Easy Money Making Idea
Business Plan For Your Part Time Business.
Starting a pet sitting business is a very fun and rewarding part or full time business to have. If you love animals like I do, then this business venture will be right up your ally. The first thing you want to do when starting any type of business is to think up a business plan. Think about what areas you will provide the pet sitting services in. It will be in your best interest to pick an area close by to your home that has easy access for you. Next you need to decide what kind of animals you would like to care for, whether it be felines, canines, ferrets, fish, rabbits, birds, etc.... Make sure you feel comfortable and enjoy caring for the specific type you choose. Remember the broader the range of animals you will pet sit, the more opportunities for income.
Insurance For Your Part Time Business.
You will need to be bonded and insured for this type of business. It covers the pet owners pet and property if anything should happen. It is better safe than sorry. So don't give the insurance a second thought. Let's start this business off on the right foot. Also you will get more clients if you are bonded and insured. You can acquire the insurance and bonds at the two professional pet sitting organizations, Pet Sitters International and the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters.
Next you need to decide what your services will be and what you will charge per visit. Your rate may be determined by the number of pets you are caring for, the amount of time spent at each visit, what task are involved, and any special services requested by the pet owner.
Advertising For Your Part Time Business.
Design a business card and flier to help promote your business. List your company name, email address, and phone number , and the state in which you are bonded and insured with on the business card and flier. Become a member of a professional pet sitting organization and list that on your flier. A catch phrase on the business card and flier will make it memorable. Visit your local animal vet and ask to leave a batch of your business cards on the counter, most will say no problem. Put a flier up at the supermarket, put an ad in the paper, and Craigslist has a services section you can place an ad as well. Exposure is the key, and if you don't advertise, no one will call you.
Do Your Best For Your Part Time Business Success.
Always put your best foot forward with all your clients. Always be courteous, explain your qualifications and intentions. Word of mouth will drum up new business.
Four Benefits Of Pet Sitting As A Part Time Business.
1. It does not cost a lot to start a pet sitting business. Initial cost will be for business cards and fliers. But some advertising can be done for free via Craigslist.
2. If you are an animal lover, there could not be a better job to have. You get paid for doing what you love.
3. Clients are easy to get, whether it be from your advertising or word of mouth. People are always going on trips and need someone to watch their pet.
4. Clients will pay you well for taking good care of their pets.
9. Start A HandyMan Service As A Part Time Business.
Become a handyman, a jack of all trades so to speak. Place and ad in the paper offering your services and your phone won't stop ringing. Offer your services for almost anything. This can range from painting, hanging lights and ceiling fans, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, installing appliances, just about anything the homeowner wants done, you can do it for them. Buy business cards or print them out yourself. Pass them out at grocery stores, barber shops, laundry mats, or wherever there are lots of people. Just remember to be courteous and do good work. Don't inflate prices and you will have return customers.
Starting A Handyman Service Is An Easy Money Making Idea
- Vistaprint - Business Cards - Full Color Printing - Digital Printing Company | Vistaprint
Stand out from the crowd on a budget with free business cards! At Vistaprint, you can customize all of your marketing materials to match your business look.
- How to make 20 dollars an hour
Learn an easy way to make 20 dollars an hour. You can make 20 to 40 an hour with my recommendations. I do it now and hope I can help you make some eay money as well. Make 20 an hour with my help.
10. Fill Out Online Surveys As A Part Time Business
Filling out online surveys, won't make you rich, but it is something you can do in your spare time and make extra money. There are several companies that will pay you to take surveys and questionnaires online. Google (online surveys) and sign up for as many of these programs as you can. The money you make will add up quickly.
Filling Out Online Surveys Is An Easy Money Making Idea
- Make Money by Taking Online Surveys - ABC News
Make Money by Taking Online Surveys
- Filling Out Online Surveys for Cash Can Fill in the Gaps in Your Budget
part time business ideas, part time jobs, best part time business, part time business jobs, home based business opportunities, starting a business, home based business, best part time business to start, home business, how to start a home based business, how to start a part time business, good business ideas, online business ideas, working at home business, business ideas, work from home business, work from home free, small business opportunity, internet business opportunity, making money idea, making money ideas, part time business, starting a part time business, how to start a part time business, best part time business, start a part time business, easy business to start, part time business ideas, part time small business ideas, want to start a business, starting a part time business from home, business to start, starting your own business, good part time business to start, best part time business to start, part time work from home, starting a business, work from home part time, home based business ideas, small business help,jobs you can do in your spare time, how to make 20 dollars an hour, easiest part time business to start , businesses you can do in your spare time, I phone, I pad