- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Land of Lakes and Caves -Well Paying Jobs in Lake St. Louis
Success in a Planned Community
The City of Lake St. Louis is named the 9th Best Place to Live in the USA by Money Magazine in 2009, but has maintained a place among the top cities for business and jobs since that time.
It is one of our country's best rated planned communities, meaning that is was planned with growth in mind for the success of businesses and residents.
The city has its own umbrella Community Association, nearly 50 neighborhood associations, and two large lakes for recreation. Not only that, but the city offers golf courses, riding stables (some with horse-assisted therapy, beaches, nearby caves, underground businesses, and in-city parks for its community. All of these amenities have made Lake St. Louis one of the fastest growing cities in Missouri.
Lake St. Louis leaders are environmentally minded, providing a number of recycling programs and green alternatives for living and working, including concentration on green energy and celebrating Earth Day/Earth Week.
In addition, a Safe Community Program and a Citizens Police Academy help keep crime rates low and property values higher.
Lake St. Louis: Between I-70 and State Route 40
Some people think that the two lakes are male and female - Lake St. Louis and Lake St. Louise. It's a charming thought.
The city was planned and implemented in the mid-1960s by a group of six investors that wished to build a private resort community. Their plans exceeded their expectations and produced a growing city. Through successful planning and implementation, Lake St. Louis grew to a city of over 16,000 people and numerous businesses.
Lake St. Louis is located conveniently within an angle formed by I-70 less than one mile to the north and State Routes 61/40 running northwest to southeast. The two lakes of the city are Lake St. Louis (the larger of the two) and Lake St. Louise. The city is located to the north of Busch Memorial Conservation Park, Weldon Spring Conservation Area, and Howell Island Conservation Area, with several other parks to the southeast. A State Fish and Waterfowl area and Pere Marquette State Park are to the northeast.
The City of St. Louis is approximately 10 miles to the east off I-70. This highway has been very well maintained and the pavement extremely smooth between the two cities on each visit I have made to this area.
Reference Map: St. Louis and Lake St. Louis
Top Companies Hiring
- St. Anthony's Medical Center
- Washington University
- BJC Healthcare
- Tenet Healthcare
- BJC - Healthcare
- CDI - IT/Computers
- Unlimited Nurse Search
- St. John's Mercy
- Taco Bell
- Tyco Healthcare
- Saint Louis University Hospital
- Critical Connection
- Jack in the Box
- Steak n Shake
- H&R Block
- Sears, Roebuck and Co.
- Progress West Healthcare Center
Top Hot Jobs
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- RNs - Clinical Specialties
- Truck Drivers
- Project Managers
- Physical Therapists
- Sales Representatives
- Jobs at Washington University
- Financial Advisors
- Assistant Managers
- Store Managers
- Occupational Therapists
- Sales Representatives
- Business Analysts
- Teachers – Preschool/Daycare
- Administrative Assistants
- Part-Time Shift Leaders – Food
- Medical Assistants
- Independent Beauty Consultants – contractor positions
- Project Managers
- Retail Clerks
- Franchise Salespersons
- Commission-only Salespersons
- Team Members – Food service and retail
- Team Leaders – various types of businesses
Increasing Variety of Occupations Available
This city, more than any of the other nine of the Top 10 List of Best Places to Live in America, offers such a large number of employers listing job openings via Internet resources and such large numbers of often-listed job titles. Additional positions may be found through government listings and additional companies that do not post via Internet pages.
The Meadows - Unique Stores
Fastest Growing Jobs to 2016
Lake St. Louis enjoys access to thousands of job openings inside the city and along the corridor of businesses and communities along I-70 and State Routes 40 and 61, all the way to St. Louis.
This included 16,000+ jobs in autumn 2009, growing to over 21,000 job listings in early spring 2014.
Official State and local projections for fast growing occupational titles to 2016 include the following entries, bold print indicating jobs already most frequently listed by local employers.
- Sales Representatives in Manufacturing, Wholesale, and Services
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Accountants, Acct. Clerks, and Auditors - Taxes and other
- Mainstream Elementary School Teachers (K-5)
- Musicians and Singers - especially hotels, resorts, theme parks, etc.
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer Software Engineers
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Financial Services Salespersons
- Construction Laborers and Pipefitters
- Business Operations Specialists
- College Level Teachers and Instructors
Lake St. Louis Links
- Equine Productions
- Lake St. Louis Stables
- The Meadows at Lake Saint Louis
- Meramec Cavern - Missouri's Buried Treasure - www.AmericasCave.com
This is the largest commercial cave in the state of Missouri: The Cave State. Missouri is also known as the Cave state, hosting home to more than 6,000 surveyed caves. Meramec Caverns is open year round and offers a fun, affordable vacations & mo
Some Lake St. Louis Area Sports
Meramac Cave Tour Finale - Kate Smith Recording
Meramec Caverns History
The Cave State
Missouri and the corridor from St. Louis through Lake St. Louis and beyond to the West is full of caves that were used for brewing beer and ale by Germans, and perhaps used for passage in the Underground Railroad during the Civil War.
I enjoyed seeing Meramac Caverns as a youth and find that it is still a popular attraction. Located just about an hour west of St. Louis, it is a fun vacation and tourist attraction on a highway that passes shopping malls and dining establishments to visit along the way.
Guided tours provided multicolor light shows and musical concerts, along with a look at a ballroom that used to be used for square dancing. Another area was used by the old Art Linkletter Program when he matched up couples on their air, sometimes with the use of the giant Univac computer. One such couple agreed to dress like a caveman and woman in the 1960s and scare tourists in their area of the caves in exchange for their wedding.
Don't miss the Mirror Room - an underground lake inthis room is only 1.5 feet deep, but looks miles deep, mirroring everything around it.
Underground Railroad In Missouri
- Lindenwood University: www.lindenwood.edu
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts: http://www.chefs.edu/st-louis/
- Maryville University: http://www.maryville.edu/
- Midwest University: www.midwest.edu
- Midwest Theological Seminary: www.midwest.edu
- Missouri Baptist University: http://www.mobap.edu/
- Sanford-Brown College - St. Peters: www.sbcstpetersprograms.com
- Vatterott College: O'Fallon: http://www.vatterott-college.edu/
- Webster University: The St Charles Winghaven Campus: www.webster.edu
Note: Several additional colleges and university are located in nearby St. Louis.