- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
eBay Affiliate Program: Made My First Sale on HubPages!
How to Make Money on HubPages Using eBay!
On April 22, 2012 I wrote a hub about getting my first HubPages Ad Program payout. On that hub, I explained that I added ebay capsules to my product hubs to accelerate my earnings. Today I checked my ebay sales report page and found that I made two sales from one of my hubs less than a week after adding an ebay capsule. I am writing this hub because I promised to give regular updates on my progress and explain what I did.
For those of you that don't know, I make money online. I guess you can say I work from home even though what I really do is create hubs, lenses and sites that sell other people's stuff. Best of all, I never touch the merchandise or service. I am a busy mom to 7 kids, so it's very convenient. I have been making money from HubPages through Amazon sales and Google Adsense. This month I decided to accelerate my earnings on HubPages by increasing my page views and ebay sales. I did a lot of reading and analyzed the actions of the top Hubbers. I took action and started seeing results immediately. Here are the most important things I learned from my research
How to make ebay sales on HubPages
- Products should be relevant to the topic of your hub.Here's what I noticed after reading tons of hubs. Some hubbers are writing hubs and then placing random products on there. If you are writing a hub about fishing, add an ebay capsule with your favorite fishing pole, bait hooks or tackle box. Don't throw on an ebay capsule with an ipad, HD TV or other high priced ticket item. You're not going to make a sale.
- Share your opinion on the product in your ebay capsule. Write as if you're telling your friend about how great this particular product is. There is a reason you own it or want to own it. Be specific and honest. Don't sound like a salesman.
- The placement of the ebay capsule is important. The page should look clean and seamless. You don't want to clutter the page with ads. You can use amazon and ebay on a page without making it look cluttered by adding other capsules with photos or polls.
- You don't need to use all six ebay auctions, sometimes less is better. You can use one or two auctions, especially if the other four auctions show the same product.
- Try to be as specific as possible when using keywords. It's better to have no auction displaying to have another unrelated product that displays because of one keyword in your description.
I'm very excited about this new ebay income source. I learned the hard way about the importance of creating multiple streams of income. I will never depend on one site for all of my income again. Google algorithms change constantly and I've been effected by the actions they took against Squidoo and PayPerPost several years ago. For this reason, I try to have passive income from several sources. If one gets hit, I'll just add more content to the others to sustain the revenue. It's better than starting from scratch.
I hope you enjoyed this hub. Please, share it with your friends and family by email, twitter, facebook, pinterest or your favorite social media site. Don't forget to subscribe, so you don't miss my next hub. I am in the process of writing another hub to help you create several streams of revenue. ;)
Proof of my eBay Sales
Have you ever made any sales on HubPages through eBay?
More Info on How I Make Money Online
- RedGage Earnings: I Got My Visa Card
- Blogsvertise Earnings March 2012
- Amazon Affiliate Program: How I Made 93 Sales in One Day
On April 18, 2012 I had 93 sales in one day. Discover a few important things you should consider when you are creating Amazon sites, hubs or lenses.
- How My Google Adsense Earnings Paid for My Car
My Google Adsense payments cover my car payment. Want to know how you can increase your earnings? Discover the steps I took and implement them to get better results.
- Can I Make Money With a Blog? How I Earned Thousands.
© 2012 supermom_in_ny