- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
Can I Make Money With a Blog? How I Earned Thousands.
Yes, you can make money with your blog!
When I started blogging in 2005, I wasn't aware of the income it could provide. I was blogging about my journey with autism and raising 7 kids. Clicking on different blog rolls I found on blogs that I read, I learned about adsense. I started reading everything I could found on the subject. Not too long after that, I learned about affiliate marketing. Next, I found a company that paid me to blog! It was exciting to know that there were opportunities for a mom to make money from home with a blog.
Logically, I started a large network of sites and began to write. There were days that I earned a lot of money. One particular day, I earned $325. in about 24 hours. That didn't include the affiliate marketing, the adsense or other revenue streams! I thought that was a big deal, until two things happened. One day, I earned $500. in 5 minutes. The other event was that I woke up, checked one of my affiliate networks and found I had earned over $300. in commissions. I was hooked! I'm sure you want to know more, right? Well, I'm going to explain everything. Ready? Here we go!
How can you make money with a blog?
There are many ways. These are the ones that I have tested and that work. I'm not going to give you fluff. I hate when I click on a lens or hub that has a great title stating they are going to teach me something, but instead write a lot of words that take up space. I hate when people waste my time because it's precious.
- Get Paid to Blog Let's begin with the way an average blogger can start making money right now. If you have a blog that is at least 60 days old, with a minimum of 30 posts you can get paid to blog. There are many companies that will pay you to post content on your site. I am going to share all the ones that I use. However, many of them have very strict requirements that many new bloggers can't meet. For example, some companies don't accept blogspot.com, livejournal.com or typepad.com blogs unless they have their own domain name. Blogsvertise and LinkWorth accept all kinds of blogs whether they're on your domain or hosted on a network. They offer fair prices for your posts. Payments are processed through paypal.
- Sell ad space on your blogs Selling advertising directly from your blog cuts out the middleman. That means you earn a lot more. In order to do this successfully, you should have good page rank and a lot of visitors. The more famous your blog is, the more you can make! There are bloggers that earn an annual salary in one month using this method. The book I have included above DotCom Mogul explains how this blogger earns a very comfortable living from his blog. This is how I earned $500.00 in 5 minutes. A company contacted me to buy advertising. I gave him the price, he paid me by paypal. I posted the ad. EASY!
- Freelance Work Get hired! You can create a page on your blog titled Hire Me. On this page, you can give a detailed explanation of the services you offer, your price list and contact info. Link building, content and social media marketing are just a few of the services I have provided. The more visitors you get to your blog, the bigger the opportunity for you build a base of clients.
- Google Adsense This is the way most bloggers try to make money. You can make a nice amount of money, but you need targeted traffic. There is a lot you need to learn about seo, search engines and link building before you will really see any money come in. It took me some time, but my adsense earnings were paying for my car. This year, I earned $300.00 + three months in a row! Will share that in another hub. Be sure to follow me, so you don't miss it!
- Affiliate Marketing Selling other people's stuff is a great way to make money online. Your webpages are open 24/7! I love to wake up and check my accounts to find that I was making sales while I was sleeping. There are many ways you can achieve this. You can use an affiliate network, amazon or ebay. Check out my hub: Amazon Affiliate Program: How I Made 93 Sales in One Day
- Getting Tips I bet you didn't know that bloggers add paypal links to their comments area and ask for tips?! They really do!. They say things like: Buy Me a Beer, Buy me a coffee or baby needs some shoes. I believe John Chow was the first to do it. He made a nice amount too. I put a paypal donate button on one of my sites. Did I get donations for my time? Yes. However, I didn't have it up for long.
I hope you enjoyed this post . Be sure to share it with family and friends by email, twitter, facebook, pinterest or your favorite social media network. Now go take some action and start making some money online!
Do you make money with your blog?
Discover how you can make money online!
- RedGage Earnings: I Got My Visa Card
- Five Easy Ways to Make Money Online
- Blogsvertise Earnings March 2012
- Make Money Blogging With LinkWorth
Want to make money blogging? Linkworth.com pays bloggers to write reviews, post banners, display multi url rotating ads and more. Get the all the free info today!
- eBay Affiliate Program: Made My First Sale on HubPages!
Want to learn how to make money on HubPages using the ebay affiliate program? Here is a step by step guide of what you can do right now to start making ebay sales!
- How My Google Adsense Earnings Paid for My Car
My Google Adsense payments cover my car payment. Want to know how you can increase your earnings? Discover the steps I took and implement them to get better results.