jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What can your small business NOT survive without?

1. KevinTimothy profile image86
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

Share with us some of the most vital tools for your small biz.

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Obviously, it can't survive without customers so some form of developing new customers is vital even if it's word-of-mouth.

2. Reality Bytes profile image89
      Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A revolving line of credit!

KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha...good answer.

3. lorddraven2000 profile image88
      lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Networking! You have to have a good group of devoted customers who make up the bulk of what you sale. That is vital for growth and development.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

PC and internet access, MS Office and translation memory software (Trados and Wordfast). These are essential. My work arrives and is delivered back by email. I am mainly required to return work in Word format, and for certain jobs my clients require me to use of the the TM programs. I use the Internet extensively to check terminology.

Other than that, I have a profile up on one external website, which brings in more clients than I can accept. Thus, I do not use any other form of marketing.

I have a system for invoicing clients, which I can set to use different currencies and different rates for each client. I also have dictionary software, which covers most of my languages, and a number of utilities to speed up various tasks. In addition, I have some paper dictionaries. All of these things are useful and save me time and stress, but if necessary I could do without them as long as I had the items listed in the first paragraph.

KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh my....darn Microsoft for making their Office suite so necessary. Urgggh!!!

working