What do you think about careers that work with children?

1. MarieAlana1 profile image74
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

There is a plentiful list of careers that work with children? Do you think that working with children is a passion of yours? Do you think that working with children is something that is very rewarding and worth doing?
    I have worked with children in the past and am currently trying to obtain a Bachelors degree in education while being a stay-at-home mom.

What do you think about the plentiful career choices? I would like to know who has a career working with children and what do you do?

2. profile image0
    Jane Holmesposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't say that I had a career working with children. We were foster parents for many years so we did everything we could for them. We saw so many bad foster homes out there, we knew we could offer children a safe, happy (as can be expected when they're taken away from their families), and good home.

I do think it encouraged our daughter to become a special education teacher. She taught autistic, aspbergers, ADHD - you name. She took on the tough ones and did a fabulous job of it, too. She is now Director of Special Education Services for her school district.

All of our kids have a big heart for helping others, and I think our foster care experiences were part of that. Although, the reason we went into foster care to begin with was because our kids wanted to do something to help other less fortunate kids.

I think a career working with children is not only admiral but courageous. It's not always easy, but those who have the heart for it can make a difference in a child's life. Go for it, Girl!

3. MarieAlana1 profile image74
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

This is a great thing that you did! I'm glad that you did something to make a difference. Working with children can be a hard thing at times, but it is one of the most rewarding things. I like how your daughter became a special education teacher. Special Education is one of the toughest teacher careers that one can think of. Most of the time a special education teacher has to think of a lesson plan for each and every single one of the children. It can be really strenuous.

Cheers to your experiences!

working