jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Prejudice, Discrimination

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 8 days ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13501477_f520.jpg
    Have you ever experienced discrimination on your job?

1. threekeys profile image82
      threekeysposted 8 days agoin reply to this

The main discrimination has been the assumption that I am female and therefore I am less than.
      Although I am trying to seek a legal solution for a hate crime towards from  a stranger and who is a female. But a female who has adopted the partiachial way in personality and action in the most negative sense. This person doesn't know me let alone had a conversation with me, yet, finds it easy to spread all kinds of slander, that are ruining my life, relationships and my jobs/potential employment positions.

2. promisem profile image96
      promisemposted 8 days agoin reply to this

Yes, because of my age.

1. ptosis profile image79
        ptosisposted 7 days agoin reply to this

Ah, but the USSC stated that is not a protected demographic because everybody was young once, and most people become old before dying.  Since age is a ever changing thing it is not protected as in  being black or female.

But that could all change now with fluid gender, and people lightning skin with creams.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 7 days agoin reply to this

Everyone in the US has some genes from Africa (i.e. they are partly "black").  Given that, and a total lack of any definitive definition of "black", why can't everyone claim whatever race is advantageous to them at the moment?  It's statistically pretty likely that they have some Hispanic and even American Indian as well.  Certainly most Europeans carried Asian genes from being overrun by nomads coming out of Asia.

We're all a mixed bag, however much we like to pretend differently.

gmwilliamsposted 7 days agoin reply to this

See, wilderness, SOMETHING we agree on!  Yes, I am your friend despite it all!

wildernessposted 7 days agoin reply to this

Well, personally I like to claim more Neanderthal blood than anything else.

But yes, we agree on a lot of things.  The importance of money beyond subsistence living isn't one of them.

2. colorfulone profile image90
            colorfuloneposted 7 days agoin reply to this

A very smart man named Stan Deyo says he discovered where the Garden of Eden once was in Africa.  He makes a lot of sense, to me.   Just saying.

We're just one big happy family!

2. promisem profile image96
          promisemposted 7 days agoin reply to this

The court didn't say age isn't a protected demographic. It just required more proof of it. We still have an Age Discrimination in Employment Act.

Regardless, age is a form of discrimination in the workplace.

3. colorfulone profile image90
      colorfuloneposted 7 days agoin reply to this

Not on the job.  I ran into discrimination in high school, or maybe it was female jealousy.  Or, both.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 8 days ago

Yes.  The wrong color of skin, and lack of a vagina, resulted in discrimination.  Legal, even required, but still discrimination.  Also watched it happen in college because of the wrong skin color.

My son was let go from a job (at 16 years old) because (and the owner was stupid enough to state it) he wanted all girls working there rather than a mixed crew.

gmwilliamsposted 8 days agoin reply to this

Did your son file a discrimination suit?   I hope that he did.

wildernessposted 8 days agoin reply to this

No; at 16, a part time, short term job isn't worth the effort.  Just went elsewhere.  Plus, of course, he could not prove that's why he was let go - no recordings, nothing in writing, etc.

working