This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would be the best way to start a not for profit?

1. AarokDaarkk profile image54
    AarokDaarkkposted 8 years ago

What would be the best way to start a not for profit?

The business would deal in the care and housing of animals, alternative energy, buildings and farming.

2. aheinvestment profile image54
    aheinvestmentposted 8 years ago

The best way to start an NGO is to make sure its in a society where people will appreciate what you are doing.Email me for me  aheinvestment@yahoo.co.uk

3. cphdomains profile image52
    cphdomainsposted 8 years ago

The very, very first step should be to start a blog. It's easy to set up, you can explain what you're all about and you can refer people who are interested in your business area to the blog.

My advice is get people interested first, before jumping into building a NGO (which is a good idea).

4. SistasExpress profile image72
    SistasExpressposted 8 years ago

Sir, the first step is to go to the Secretary of State and get paperwork to apply for your 501(c)(3).  This is the tax exempt paperwork that needs to be filed with the State where you plan to conduct your non profit.  Before you file the paperwork you will need to call the IRS and get a EIN number.

You could also get paper work and file for a 501(c)(4) so that you can apply for grants with foundations, your business looks like foundation money.  I hope this helps...look at my Tea Solutions blog.  I process this type paper work for a liviing here in Chicago.

My blog will tell you the rest of the process to start a non profit, how to raise money for a non profit, and how to manage to keep your non profit running for years to come.

5. donrich profile image60
    donrichposted 8 years ago

with womensho.org you can do a lot with your NGOs,
    womenshop.org is in aution now you can bid now at: http://www.bido.com/Auction?name=womenshop.org

working