What to do if after a two month waiting period of a return phone call from your

1. sunime09 profile image54
    sunime09posted 8 years ago

What to do if after a two month waiting period of a return phone call from your case worker?

I know that there are several people on assistance right now, I live in Michigan and things here are very bed. I have tried for 2 months now to get the attention of my case worker. I have left messages, letters in her mail box at the office and I have even tried to contact her supervisor. I do not know what to do next any ideas?

2. Mrs. Obvious profile image95
    Mrs. Obviousposted 8 years ago

Go to the office and file an official complaint (a grievance). Sometimes just threatening to do it will get you some needed action. Its one thing for their office to be overwhelmed with calls, its another thing for them to flat out ignore you. Also, demand an audience from a higher up and get your worker changed immediately. For all you know they could have laid off your worker, or fired her, and just left all the case files on her desk this whole time wihout even reassigning them. This is horrible treatment of your rights to seek services. You must make a move to file a complaint. When you do it you need to have ready a list of all the times and days you have left messages or tried to contact them. Good luck friend.

working