jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How Does One Apply For A Job With UN?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

How Does One Apply For A Job With UN?

2. profile image48
    Akindellyposted 8 years ago

It depends on the particular organ of the un you are intested in. There are several organisations under the umbrella of United Nations> since you are not specific, I wish you open the site: unjobs.org, register with the site, fill your profile for future usage, select the category of job you want, click on the specific job under the selected category, supply the required information and submit .

3. Systememperor profile image60
    Systememperorposted 8 years ago

hm, well please look at my payrise hub and you will learn what to do. As for you answer, defenitely you would need to know languages, at least English. Also there are a specific requirements which you can find in that site which Akindelly mentioned. As for languages, you will need to know French and English. You need to be of a good character, so you need to have a very good references. You need to know ethics. International relationships, code of practise etc. Those are quite crucial to know if you want to work for or with UN. You will need international certificates or qualifications which are valid everywhere. For example Cambridge certificates. It is not easy to get a job in UN. The best bet for you can be a recommendation to UN from somebody. This way you will ensure that you have somebody behind you, who can push you there or at least will recommend you, which is quite great deal. E.g. University or government recommendations are quite usefull. Please, always have it on paper.

4. .josh. profile image59
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

For those who can't quite get into the UN, or perhaps have an inclination to volunteer beforehand anyways, one way to work your way in is to begin as a volunteer (www.unv.org). This is actually something I'm looking into doing as well, perhaps as soon as sometime late next year - just be sure you're prepared to be away from home for an extended period of time, and open to the fact that you could be placed virtually anywhere in the world.