jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Don't you think print media is biased at times?

1. Vizey profile image52
    Vizeyposted 8 years ago

Don't you think print media is biased at times?

2. CWTEnterprises profile image50
    CWTEnterprisesposted 8 years ago

Yes, I believe print media is very bias. Print Media is often owned by liberals who utilize Print Media as their way to further their own agendas.

Web 2.0 Launch in final testing/editing phase

3. JulietduPreez profile image66
    JulietduPreezposted 8 years ago

All media is biased.
    Everyone has their own agendas - and especially those who can have a big influence and impact.

Here on the web, well, you don't really know whose stuff you are reading at the end of the day. After all, I may not be JulietduPreez (but I am)

4. profile image46
    media.geekposted 8 years ago

all print media is biased espaecially when it comes to politics, the sun newspaper is worse for it.

5. xzendor profile image61
    xzendorposted 8 years ago

Print media, video media, radio media, web based blog post-podcasting... is all biased now-a-days in some form or another.  They seem to have forgotten the basic principle that a journalist is supposed to objectively report the news and give unbiased analysts on the information presented.

Instead today we see that personal or corporate agendas are always creeping into news gathering and as a result we end up with more propaganda then actual news!

6. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 8 years ago

Yes, at times all media outlets can be biased.  We especially see this during political races or controversial issues when a print, broadcast, radio, or other news outlet only provides one side of a story.  Many of the newspapers are owned by very liberal Democratic families which earns them the reputatation of being a liberal slanted newspaper.

As far as I can tell, Fox News is one of the least biased mediums, even though they have earned a reputation as a right-winged or Republican news station.  They tend to be less biased and present more of both sides, even though they'll tell you which side they're on personally.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

media is a big enterprise and money making business and the owner (private or government) have self interest to protect as well,