jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Careers for those who don't like people

1. RGraf profile image92
    RGrafposted 8 years ago

Careers for those who don't like people

2. soapyfire profile image60
    soapyfireposted 8 years ago

There are a number of options, including data entry, park ranger, fiction writer, and waste disposal.  Keep in mind that there is no job where you can completely avoid humanity, but those are a few ideas for at least limiting contact.

3. Dark knight rides profile image72
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

I've had that same question for years. I'm not a people person by any means, so how I ended up as a counselor for teen girls, I'll never know.
    Now I'm heading into the accounting field, finishing up my degree, and of course people skills are what they really want. But I figure, somewhere out there, someone needs a numbers cruncher, someone willing to sit in the back room on the computer all day.

4. v_kahleranderson profile image61
    v_kahlerandersonposted 8 years ago

Look for a job that allows you to work from home! I'd love to write from home as a full time job, if I could. I would also love to work for a company that could me to design and keep Excel spreadsheets for them. I find working with Excel and Power Point actual fun!!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Writing can be a good career for those who don't like people smile

6. beverleejb profile image61
    beverleejbposted 8 years ago

Well if you don't like people or you are just not a people person get a job in an office or a place where there are few people around you

7. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Some kind of government job where you get to screw over people.  For example, the IRS, state tax boards, prosecuting attorneys, judges, the lawyers who write 1000 pages of legalese for proposed laws (e.g., "health care"), various government "enforcement" agencies (e.g., drugs, businesses, trades)...

8. profile image44
    dovekellyposted 8 years ago

here so many good careers check it http://esolutions.0fees.net

9. nadine_stowne profile image56
    nadine_stowneposted 8 years ago

A DMV worker. I have never met one who likes people, so it would be a great fit. Plus, they get paid pretty well.

10. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 8 years ago

Maybe a technical job, like computers or engineering.  Any job where being correct is so important that high performers don't have to be nice - like a brain surgeon.

working