Any way to turn off all ads for a specific hub?

1. MikeNV profile image80
    MikeNVposted 8 years ago

Any way to turn off all ads for a specific hub?

Today I wrote a hub about Brittany Murphy dieing.  And while 99% of my hub intentions are commercial.  I'd like to be able to turn off the commercial aspect for this hub for 30 days as in my own belief system and personal feelings it's just a show of respect.

2. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

The best you can do is go to the hub and go into edit mode. In the settings box at the top of the page you'll see *ads* with a drop down box next to it (under category). Click on none. Also  uncheck the two boxes below.

I'm not sure if this removes every ad as hubpages may still serve some ads on the page and it's not something I have done before, but this is all you can do.

When you do want the hub to be commercial you can just edit the settings again.

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Essentially, if you have NO outgoing links on the page which lead to sites that have any advertising or earn any money in any way, then you can turn off the ads. 

If your Hub has outgoing links to any web page that earns revenue, your Hub is commercial and you can't turn off the ads.

Closed to reply