jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

When dating, do you have a turn off that you just can't tolerate based on superf

1. realtalk247 profile image71
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

When dating, do you have a turn off that you just can't tolerate based on superficial standards?

Okay, are there certain things that just turn you off when meeting someone? While the content and character of the person is important.....Are there "superficial" things you can't accept?
    Mine. I can NOT stand a adult man that dresses like he's 1/2 his age in hip hop gear, hats, and hoodies.  I can't take it. As Kevin Hart would say "Pineapples." I'm not saying you can't dress casually but you and your son should not share the same wardrobe. I'm not a fan of the thug life waredrobe. That presentation does not impress me at all. What are your superficial deal breakers that you can't stand?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12351035_f260.jpg

2. Besarien profile image87
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

When I was dating (happily married now) I couldn't deal with facial hair. My husband shaved for me and thus won my superficial heart.

I think it all goes back to watching an old guy in a Chinese restaurant eating soup out of a bowl while his ZZ Top beard was partly submerged in it. Childhood memories can be scarring that way.

1. ChristinS profile image97
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

me too! I never dated guys with facial hair - I can't stand it.  I've always felt kind of bad about it, but I just don't like it and I can't help it. Glad to know I'm not alone smile

3. GizSleep profile image79
    GizSleepposted 2 years ago

It's a bit controversial because of how common it is and it might not be considered superficial per se, but it is definitely a no-no for me. I don't like it when I'm on a date and whenever I leave the table to get a drink, my date pulls out her mobile phone and begins typing away. My fiancee was the first girl I dated in over a year who didn't do this and she won my heart because of it!

1. realtalk247 profile image71
      realtalk247posted 2 years agoin reply to this

David I can understand that. That is so rude for the person not to stay in the moment connecting with you.

2. GizSleep profile image79
      GizSleepposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it seems to be becoming a more common trend now as well as people are more obsessed with their mobile phones than ever before

4. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I'm happily married now, but one thing that would turn me off when dating was men who bathed in cologne.  For some reason in my dating days; guys were not taught that "less is more" - and I went on a couple of first (and no subsequent) dates with guys that were very overpowering.  To me it says they are covering something up or are trying to hard.  Good hygiene is far superior to hosing oneself down with perfume/cologne in my opinion.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

my hubby wear decently all the time, he doesn;t wear anything that makes him young. Btw, he is younger than me

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12359315_f260.jpg

My guess someone like Russell Simmons age (57) with a net worth of $325 Million has no problem finding women to date while wearing a baseball cap turned sideways on his head. LOL!
    I'm not a fan of overly revealing clothing on women that I would date. Those are the kinds of clothes you want to see on someone else's date. :-)
    However my biggest pet peeves have nothing to do with clothing. They are loud personalities, excessive cursing, smoking,  and cell phone addicts. Anyone who describes what a "real man" or "real woman" are is a complete turn off.
    I'm also turned off extreme introverts, and people who are aloof and find it a challenge to smile or be positive about (anything).
    Every time they walk into a room they suck the life out of it!

working