How much money do you save on a regular basis as a percentage of your income?
Tip from my grandad!
If you always set aside 10% of your income you will always be well off. However, spend 10% more than your income (like many do) and you will struggle with money your whole life.
He was right, consider grabbing 10% of your earnings automatically by setting up a Direct Debit or Standing order, you can even do this online at most banks.
DD is not just to pay bills, pay yourself!
For me its in the 25-35% range, but then I've managed over a long period of time to build on the idea of living below one's means in order to have more in the end. The figure I have always used as a guiding rule is spend 80% of your income and invest the other 20%. This is 80/20 of net by the way. If you take home $1000 a month, you should only be having expenses of $800. If you live your entire life like this you will very likely have very little, if any, money problems.
You can apply this rule not just to income, but say for example you want to buy a car. You have $20,000 to spend. Start looking at cars that are $16,000 and go from there. Say you are looking for a house and you figure you can afford $220,000. Start looking at $176,000 houses.
If you apply the rule to income AND spending, you're DEFINITELY on a good track. Make it a habit...they're hard to break.
by Catherine Tally 5 years ago
Do you or your kids drink soda on a regular basis?If so, how much do you consume each day?
by A James Di Rodi 7 years ago
Have you ever performed random acts of kindness on a regular basis?
by Peeples 5 years ago
What can cause a person to have bad thoughts on a regular basis?Is there something that can cause a person to have negative bad thoughts on a regular basis. Thoughts of people dying, being robbed, funerals, etc. Every other thing about him is normal. Just bad thoughts that do not go away and happen...
by Barbara Sloan 5 years ago
Do you eat organic foods on a regular basis?Do you purchase organic foods on a regular basis? What items do you purchase?
by nasus loops 5 years ago
Do you keep your horse stabled or turn it out on a regular basis to stretch its legs?Some people say that it is better to turn a horse out rather than keep it stabled all the time. I am interested in knowing how you choose to your horse, and if you have any preference or opinion on this.
by Angela Joseph 4 years ago
Do you massage your baby on a regular basis?Baby massage is said to improve a baby's overall health and development. Have you noticed any benefits from massaging your baby?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|