jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Do you or your kids drink soda on a regular basis?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Do you or your kids drink soda on a regular basis?

If so, how much do you consume each day?

2. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

No and sometimes they hate me for it because all of their friends do. I let them have a sprite once in a while. On their birthdays I let them have the soda of their choice. When we go on vacation they can eat or drink whatever they want. Other than that it's mostly water, some juice, and decaf tea.

cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good for you in spite of their objections! Some day they'll appreciate your giving them a strong start to healthier habits. Thanks for your answer. smile

2. Sophia-LeAnne profile image60
      Sophia-LeAnneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Stick to your carrots!! Those kids will thank you when they don't have a bunch of ailments.

3. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image80
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years ago

No, we do not. We do not consider it healthy so we do not use.

The habit of soda-drinking can lead to a host of problems including bad teeth, obesity, diabetes, and weak bones.

4. TToombs08 profile image75
    TToombs08posted 5 years ago

I have a Mt. Dew a day, the rest of the day, coffee or sweet tea. My son drinks water or milk.

Moderation is the key. I think it is good that your son is drinking healthier alternatives as he is growing. Thanks for your response!
      Cat smile

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

no, i don't even order carbonated drinks when we dine at mcd or kfc. Bad for tummy and teeth. However on special occasion such as christmas or chinese new year, we will drink 1-2 cans only. Furthermore, i always add water to the beverages to dilute them!

Sounds like a healthy plan.  Sprite or Ginger Ale can be added to pineapple juice, frozen lemonade or limeade, and fruit sherbert for party punch. Also carbonated water like Pelegrino can be added to Pom or cranberry juice for a special treat!

6. Li Galo profile image78
    Li Galoposted 5 years ago

My kids only have soda on their birthdays.  I don't buy it and we don't order it in restaurants.  My older teens do have their own money.  Even so, they don't buy more than once every two weeks, according to them. I think they are just used to the taste of water, juice or milk.  They often buy juice drinks but rarely buy sodas.

What a great idea! Saving soda for a special day or event is a perfect way to enjoy it. smile

7. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

My nieces and nephews are allowed to drink soda on the weekends, not during the school week. So are we, adults. This way we can offer the children healthier drinks, like basic water. In my case, if I consume a bottle of soda today, I'd be adding a glass or two of water intake for the day. Probably just my own way of healthy eating, at least.

Hi Tonipet,
      That sounds like a good approach. Thanks for your answer. smile

working