jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hello, I recently obtained a copy of a background check that was initiated by a

  1. profile image48
    ngh09posted 7 years ago

    Hello, I recently obtained a copy of a background check that was initiated by a potential...

    employer. I was offered a job with this company but when they got the background check back there was negative feedback given from a former employer. They in turn took back their offer of employment, and stated this was the reason for the retraction of the offer of employment. I was completely suprised to see this because when I left the company he told me I could use him as a reference. Is there anything I can do?

  2. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 7 years ago

    well now that your ex employer had given negative feedback you cannot change that ..isn't it?...only thing which you can do is convince the company offering you the job...just request them to allow you to put ur case..ask them exactly what negative feedback your employer has given and try to clarify doubts...it is no guarantee that you would be entertained but nothing wrong in trying...

  3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

    I would suggest removing the former employer as a reference or send complaint to the manager of former employer. Just some thoughts to consider.

  4. Linda Trempe profile image61
    Linda Trempeposted 7 years ago

    By law employers are limited to what information they can give out. They can verify length of employment, rate of pay, your position with the company and whether or not you are re-hirable. Anything more than the law allows may open them up for a law suit.

    If their negative feedback on you is what is allowed under the law there isn't much you can do except not use them in the future for a reference.

    I would also contact the person who told you that you could use them as a reference and ask why you were given a negative reference.

    Good Luck