jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is working hard better than working smart or is it the other way around or you n

1. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Is working hard better than working smart or is it the other way around or you need to do both?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I would rather be able to relax and have monies working hard and smart for me. Just a thought. smile  Hard work and working smart would fall under different definitions for many people. Every one person would have a different answer.

3. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

most people today are lazy, complacent, and expect the easy way out...hard workers who refuse to wise up can do hard labor for minimum wages their whole life....working smart enables you to make more money and run things, leaders usually know how to do that,but it requires harder work in choices, risks, and integrity, its still hard, but it is easier in the long run to use your brains than to work as someones bitch so to speak doing what ever somebody tells you, never getting a break from control and frustration...

4. Dawn Austin profile image56
    Dawn Austinposted 7 years ago

I believe both are required but it's more beneficial to work smarter.

Two cats trying to get a ribbon up high, cat one keeps jumping in attempt to jump higher to get the ribbon. The other cat examines the surroundings and see's an easy way to the counter and reaches the ribbon first. Why? Because he worked smarter!

5. Twisted T profile image61
    Twisted Tposted 6 years ago

I believe a combination of both is required, I couldn't run my own cafe without working hard. I also had to be smart about what I purchased, how much I needed for the week and plan what type of menu would work for the week. Sunnier days people want more lighter fare, rainy days soups and hearty meals and so on. I hauled cases of water and cans of food down flights of steps to my shop and worked up a sweat. I also worked hard at planning and going over pricing based on my market costs to make a profit. I couldn't do one and not the other. Brains and hardwork are essential for any business to do well and thrive.

working