Can I get hire in medical coding and billing if I have not finish school,due to

1. profile image46
    Martha Bectonposted 7 years ago

Can I get hire in medical coding and billing if I have not finish school,due to my condition at time

I need a job as of right now and I'm wonder if someone will hire me even if I'm not finish school, I have about eight more month and, I was looking for employment in medical billing and coding, so I was wanting to konow if someone would hire me in this field even if I have not complete the course, and if so could I work at home and do my job,were would I look from the web page, could you please help me in this area, as of right now I'm umemployed and I need a job very bad to buy food in my house and to keep my bills paid, I stay in North Carolina in a rural area and there not many jobs.

2. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It depends on the employer. I live in a rural area and many individual clinics are willing to hire people who only have computer skills and a little accounting background and then train them for coding and billing. In areas where trained coders are easier to find, this might not necessarily be the case...but it may still be worth checking out. Also, how long ago did you quit school? ICD9 is on the way out the door, so coders are all having to learn a new system that has a heck of a lot more specifics. As for working at home, I don't know if it works the same for all employers, but many are willing to let you work from home after they've gotten to know and trust you after some in-office work...with everyone I've worked for, that's just meant downloading the associated software on my home computer.

3. cathyaddams567 profile image59
    cathyaddams567posted 5 years ago

As long as you are knowledgeable about the different codes and you have the qualities they are looking for a medical biller, you are good to go. To know more about online medical billing courses, visit us at http://advantmedicalbilling.com/online- … g-courses/

working