jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I work at a place where I hate to go to work. As soon as I enter the building I

1. Bonnie L profile image63
    Bonnie Lposted 7 years ago

I work at a place where I hate to go to work.  As soon as I enter the building I get a headache...

or stomach ache.  The people here fight constantly.  Is this a stressful work enviroment or a hostile work enviroment?

2. vipconsult profile image34
    vipconsultposted 7 years ago

I would say both, get out of there while you still have some sense left in you!

3. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Agreed, it is both...and you have to wonder how much money your health and well-being is worth. It's a hard decision to leave a job, especially in the current economy, but it sounds like that's one of those cases where you REALLY need to. I had a very similar job that I stuck with for four years...I finally quit, even though it scared me to death to do so, and promptly ended up doing something I love that pays much better.

4. ultracutebot profile image71
    ultracutebotposted 7 years ago

If you are financially able to quit, as in able to pay for housing and food and whatever necessary expenses for a month (or you've found a new job) then I'd recommend quitting because your emotional and mental health is ultimately more important than your job. I quit the highest paying job I ever had because I was so depressed every time I parked my car in the office parking lot and by the time I got to my desk I was already completely miserable before starting the day because there was so much negativity, back-stabbing, trash-talking and otherwise machiavellian activity going on that I felt like it was suffocating me.

5. sugz profile image71
    sugzposted 7 years ago

yes definately both, but as for the headaches.. it could be that you are working under flourescent lights and these are known to contribute to migranes.

as for people arguing.. it's obviously not a good place to be, so, health wise, sanity wise, start looking for another job, and when ya find it get outa there fast. smile

6. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

I'll say your spirit is rejecting the place and you should listen to your spirit and leave