jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

On a Wordpress forum, I was told that I'd never make money from Wordpress unless

1. cheapskatemate profile image59
    cheapskatemateposted 7 years ago

On a Wordpress forum, I was told that I'd never make money from Wordpress unless I had thousands...

of hits a day.  Was the writer correct?

2. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

It depends on so many factors that it's hard to tell. If you're just counting on Adsense income, then, yeah that's probably true.  If you're selling affiliate products from the Wordpress blog, then you probably won't need as many hits, just a different type of hits.

Affiliate products do reasonably well with PPC traffic, but you need to do your homework on your niche. You also need to never put affiliate links directly on your blog, you should use redirect scripts to funnel traffic to the affiliate link.

3. stuff4you profile image63
    stuff4youposted 7 years ago

Yeah that is true. Associated Content, for example, will pay you $1.50 for every 2,000 hits. Not that it has to reach that number for you to start making money.

4. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 7 years ago

Very true. It's the same here; if you don't get thousands of hits from search engines, you won't really make much money.

5. content profile image70
    contentposted 7 years ago

affiliate products do well with SEO traffic and article marketing as well if you set your strategy up correctly.  And as said in an earlier post, you don't need thousands and thousands of hits to make decent money.... you just need targeted hits.  I used to make as much as $600/mo from one product with only several hundred hits a month.  So the better your research, the better your income results.

working