Has anyone here obtained a LLC for their online writing career or for their writ

1. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Has anyone here obtained a LLC for their online writing career or for their writing in general?

I spend money on websites, research material and even pictures for my websites, hub pages and blogs.  I have been thinking about setting myself up with a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) in order to track both my gains and losses from my new writing career.  It is not entirely necessary at this time but I can see a possible benefit as my writing career grows. 
    I guess I want to know if anyone here has done this and if so do you have any words of advice to a rookie?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3996423_f260.jpg

2. brnielsen44 profile image58
    brnielsen44posted 7 years ago

I have not done it for writing but I have created some LLC's for other reasons. As long as you do not have employees, an LLC would work great for that. If you start having employees and making lots of money, an LLC can actually be double taxed by the IRS so it would not be as preferred. However, if you are the sole owner, it's very beneficial because you can has HR Block file a schedule C with you personal taxes and anything that was used for the business can actually be written off your personal taxes, meaning you could get quite a hefty tax return. smile

3. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your answer brnielsen, you have given me the information I was looking for.  Being able to deduct my writing investments from my earned income would greatly help me.

working