jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

what subjects do you need to become a businessman

1. profile image45
    mj332posted 7 years ago

what subjects do you need to become a businessman

2. profile image45
    mj332posted 7 years ago

what qualifications do you need to become a businessman

3. The I.T. Guy profile image57
    The I.T. Guyposted 6 years ago

Anyone can be a businessman. A businessman is simply someone who provides a product or service in exchange for money.  If you decided to start selling lemonade outside in your front yard you would be considered a business man.

4. wandererh profile image76
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

Anybody can be a businessman but the trick is to be a successful one.  smile  There are many qualities needed to be a successful businessman but what comes to mind right at this moment is the sign that President Truman had on his desk that says, "The buck stops here."

As an employee, it is easy to shirk responsibility and leave a problem for another person to solve.  But as a businessman, every buck stops on your desk and so, every problem in your business is your problem.

I think that is one of the key characteristics of a successful businessman - the attitude that they are responsible for all the problems in their business.

5. George Mikituk profile image87
    George Mikitukposted 2 weeks ago

There is a pervading idea that entering into a business is a natural process, which requires no profound knowledge. It is falsely seen by many as a simple process of selling and buying at the right price, and persuading people that the products and services on offer fulfill their needs. In its essence, this statement is correct. However, over time business management has evolved into a more structured, planned,  informed, and highly measurable process.

The basics of business should be taught at the high school level to provide young people with the knowledge to exercise the self-employment option at a later stage of their lives. Fortunately, there are many online sources for this type of education, which include Massive Open Online Courses MOOC's. Some online websites offer free tutorials and low cost business control packages that can be used for self education, or employed by schools as teaching guidelines for successfully operating a business.

working