jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can a white lie be a innocent one?

1. Mistress of Spice profile image38
    Mistress of Spiceposted 7 years ago

Can a white lie be a innocent one?

2. profile image49
    sunny5555posted 7 years ago

For me a lie is a lie is a lie, I would rather be honest.

3. Heart Felt Book profile image80
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

you can lie but not lie..yes !! most of the story is true the white part is like withe out just edit..lol..no feelings hurt and it's necessary yes it's innocent..I say...People has told lie before some just go deep with it or full blown...rem..most like 90-98% true;0) good luck.

4. drbillfannin profile image61
    drbillfanninposted 7 years ago

Better to tell the truth. If you have to lie to someone you may not need that person in your life. Be yourself. Don't do anything you don't want people to know about. Lies usually get found out.

5. Jason R. Manning profile image86
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

To anyone who has been married for any length of time, would know that being 100% truthful all the time would end in a quick divorce.  We must operate through a set of filters which let each person know exactly what is pertinent to the conversation or situation.  To the person who said a lie, is a lie is a lie, I hope you live life peacefully and in a good mood all day long, I wouldn’t want to hear how crappy your day is…everyday.  Would you tell your boss you think they are a moron when you truly believe that?

6. TheWatchman profile image87
    TheWatchmanposted 7 years ago

yes they can be...when my girlfriend asks me "Does this make me look fat"  The answer is always NO, even if its a lie. 

thats innocent right? makes her feel good, keeps me from getting the silent treatment, and the world keeps turning.

7. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

There is an old Sanskrit saying "Talk truth; talk pleasant; if truth is not pleasant, then talk the pleasant". Somehow, I could not follow this great advice. I am mostly "the emperor has no clothes" type of person.

Closed to reply