jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why does everyone try to explain SEO again and again?

1. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Why does everyone try to explain SEO again and again?

All the time I see hubs that tell the basics of keywords in your title and headers, get some backlinks, etc. There are so many hubs and websites already out there explaining it much better. These hubs have nothing new to offer.

Why do people keep writing SEO hubs?

2. melbel profile image97
    melbelposted 7 years ago

Some information available on websites is outdated or incorrect. Or maybe many hubbers feel that they can say it better. There are many articles on hubpages - travel articles, tech articles, etc etc etc... that have been explained several times throughout the Internet, but people on HubPages continue to rank and make money. Maybe many hubbers do not have quality articles about a specific topic, like you said, but there are hubbers who do well with their hubs regardless of how many times a topic has been done. I have several SEO hubs up and all of them do well. As people continue to do well with a particular topic, there will be more and more articles popping up on the same topic.

3. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

They're entrepreneurs                                              .

4. Abbasangel profile image76
    Abbasangelposted 7 years ago

I know right. There are so many great hubs, forum discussions and answers.

SEO only changes if the search engine operators change....

I don't know -- most people looking to make money don't search SEO -- I know I didn't the first time.

5. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

I know I find it very annoying. People find that they think they can write a new slant on the topic because the topic of SEO is very ambiguous and hard to understand. I can't really get to grips with the topic anyways after reading several of the articles, except that search engines look at you keywords and that they count the number of links to your hub from other sources. I think that the way forward is just to post you articles on social networking sites, as you can reach hundreds of your friends and because they are your friends or know you, most of them are likely to read the article just to see what it is like out of curiosity even if it does not interest them.

6. ramadona2009 profile image60
    ramadona2009posted 7 years ago

These people knew what the market demands. This is advantageous for them because this topic will increase their traffic hubs although the content of the topic is still the same or no better. I think that's their goal to write about SEO

7. SEO Ibiza profile image60
    SEO Ibizaposted 7 years ago

yes I know its very dull isn't it. I try to stay right away from the "standard" seo basics topic because:

a) its not worth jack anymore, and b) endless repetition is lame.

the majority of those SEO hubs you're talking about are likely written for the one (ultimately nofollow) link out.

working