jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you decide between two choices that are equally favorable to you but can

1. saesha profile image58
    saeshaposted 7 years ago

How do you decide between two choices that are equally favorable to you but can change your life?

Say you are choosing between different job occupations and they are drastically different but you enjoy certain aspects of both. How would you choose?

2. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Flip of the coin

Pros and cons list

3. Jan Fowler profile image61
    Jan Fowlerposted 7 years ago

I have been in this position deciding between staying in the clean, quiet, safe mountain community my children had been raised in while communting 2 hours a day to their new school or moving to the city. I in fact flipped a coin and made a pro and con list. The flip was inconclusive and the pro and con list came out equal. In the end I had to go with my gut and it proved to be the best decision I could have made. It changed the course of my life along with my family but it felt right once it was put into motion.

4. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

You must follow your heart. It's a cliché but perhaps you are in a situation where rational reasoning no longer seems to work. Choose the job that will give you the most happiness on a daily basis. After all, how you spend your days is how you spend your life. Don't choose one job because it gives you more money (that can be an aspect) but make a decision on a personal level. Money won't make you happy if you have to spend most of your day doing something you don't like.

working