jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

i have a restaurant business. the business is not good enough. what can i do to

1. swedviking profile image62
    swedvikingposted 7 years ago

i have a restaurant business. the business is not good enough. what can i do to make it better...

2. ChuckHuckaby profile image41
    ChuckHuckabyposted 7 years ago

You don't offer many details. If the staff are friendly, the food is good, and the price is competitive while allowing you to make a profit, then the only variable that matters is to get more customers to come back more frequently.

Do you have a program to get the email addresses of your customers and send out (with their permission) special offers that are available only during your "slow times" to boost your business during the slow times?

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

There's not much information about it here, and I'm no expert; but one thing that comes to mind is whether or not your sign looks professional.   There are a couple of restaurants that have shown up in my area, and my friend and I so often have said how their sign makes a person not really feel very confident about going in there.  They look "rinky dink".  So often, these places just don't last long.  Right now there's a pizza place/other-food place that has a sign that looks like it's made of painted wood, and the lettering looks like someone probably used a stencil.  It just doesn't look polished.

We were saying how we don't necessarily think a small place needs a giant, expensive, sign; but it seems like the places with something more professional looking do stay in business longer (at least where I live).  (Again, I'm no expert; and this is just one person's - well, two people's) opinion.)

4. Mark Upshaw profile image61
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Watching Gordon Ramsey shows may help open yours eyes to what many people are doing wrong and offer possible solutions.

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

always remember one of the big rules of your business. location, location, location. where your business is will reflect deeply on your success.

6. Silver Poet profile image75
    Silver Poetposted 7 years ago

Make the customers happy.  Add to the decor.  If you can afford it, offer live music.  Make sure your workers are extremely polite.  Advertise your business, and try to get more potential customers to take notice.

working