jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Facebook is a global network that brings people together. But isn't dangers too?

1. Paul Berod profile image68
    Paul Berodposted 7 years ago

Facebook is a global network that brings people together. But isn't dangers too?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4544388_f260.jpg

2. DonDWest profile image61
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

Although I'm young, I find myself somewhat agreeing with many of my older counterparts that social networking isn't all it's cracked up to be. . . Yes, it can dangerous and ironically enough, anti-social. Go to the mall, people are no longer able to communicate together face to face on the basic level. The malls are shutting down, stores are going out of business, but I don't think just the economy is to blame. The mall used to be a marketplace people from ages 16 to 39 could meet. Now they're using facebook (social networking) for that purpose. The result is they get 200 subscripers, but not a single real friend. And we've all heard the stories how what someone posted about you on facebook can come back to haunt you. Keep in mind even if you're careful with your facebook page, that doesn't stop someone else from posting an image of you in a druken stupor on their facebook page. Personally, I hate social networking, but I'm reluctantly going into it just now to not look like "an out of touch 29 year old". You'll be surprised how many people hate it though (even younger people), but like many things in society, you have to play along. I view the art of social networking as yet another issue I need to look at (in an ever growing pile) in order to keep a job and maintain some level of fit within society. . .

There will come a point our society will have to simplify. We simply can't take in anymore information and networks. This social networking trend has brought me to the edge. If some other entrepreneur invents yet another "must have" social dogma, I think my head might explode.

3. noetic profile image57
    noeticposted 7 years ago

No, till the time it doesn't blast....Rest is how you use it and perceive it...

4. dianne143 profile image37
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

Just set some privacy settings for your good.

working