jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you manage stress?

1. charmike4 profile image71
    charmike4posted 6 years ago

How do you manage stress?

I use a reflective journal - what techniques do you use or do you do something different?

2. Kaniel Loughran profile image58
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

I take a book I have been meaning to read, go outside with my tobacco pipe, and enjoy the weather. During the NYC winter, however, I stay indoors as often as possible and write on my typewriter.

3. simonpeter35 profile image60
    simonpeter35posted 6 years ago

Free myself. Walk off from all the works. Get a coffee or tea. Listen to some soft music (if it is possible) and forget about everything.

4. vinayakgole profile image61
    vinayakgoleposted 6 years ago

One of the best ways of beating stress is to breathe. Simply close your eyes and take deep breaths through the nose while releasing them through the mouth.

5. charmike4 profile image71
    charmike4posted 6 years ago

I like suppliers response - effectively managing time.  I think I will write a hub about this in the next week.

6. In the beginning profile image57
    In the beginningposted 6 years ago

brethe, dont forget to brethe. I think one of the greatest remedies for stress is to SLOW DOWN much of the time in life we are just moving to fast, I think we should all stop and smell the roses

7. NonProfitJobs profile image56
    NonProfitJobsposted 6 years ago

I just try and not overwhelm myself.  Whenever I have a lot of things to do, I just tackle the most important issue first, and work from there.