Do you have any information regarding future employment projections for Educatio

1. profile image49
    Mary E. Ghilaniposted 6 years ago

Do you have any information regarding future employment projections for Education?

The BLS listed Education as one of the fields to have a large number of  projected openings in 2008-2018.  However, I suspect that the recently proposed budget cuts in many states and at the federal level may have changed that scenario.

2. SueShepard profile image59
    SueShepardposted 6 years ago

I think the projection for Education is basically the same as any other field right now. I know that there are many teaching positions being cut around my area and I would assume everywhere at the moment.

Anything that you are absolutely passionate about is worth going for, however, be sure that you know all of the aspects that go into this field before you commit. See if you can shadow a teacher a few times a week, talk with veteran teachers, go to forums about what it takes to be in the field of education today.

Do your research before you make a definite decision. I left after 10 years of teaching, but it just personally wasn't for me. Research and get experience BEFORE you decide. smile Best wishes.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

Will Education jobs increase in America through 2018 or 2020 as Healthcare jobs are sure to do? If interested in such a career, you may find it shrewd and effective to pursue a course of study leading to a teaching position in a heath and medical... read more

working