jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is there any point to staying with Hubpages if your Adsense account has been dea

1. Ken Barton profile image56
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

Is there any point to staying with Hubpages if your Adsense account has been deactivated?

I'm writing in hopes of developing an online income, but with Adsense deactivated I think I ought to take my stories and go some where I won't be called a liar.  What do you think??

2. HattieMattieMae profile image59
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

hmm, not sure what happen an why they would say you were a liar. I guess it just depends on the situation, and you're the only one that knows what is going on.  I think you have a right to go where you feel is best for you.

3. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is for people who like to write.  It is also for people who enjoy reading articles and being a part of this kind of community.

Adsense and the other profit earning sites are just a side benefit.  If you're here just to make money and don't really enjoy writing then you should leave.

4. Ken Barton profile image56
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

DD - As much as I enjoy writing, I also need to make a living. The work I've been doing these last six years as a substitute teacher does not cover our bills; so, I've turned to writing with the hope of developing an income. Please don't judge me too harshly for feeling frustrated with adsense being deactivated on me, I put a lot of hope into going back to change careers and become a teacher only to have my age and experience held against me. Now with a huge school loan in excess of 40k hanging over my head and barely making 15k with two part-time jobs, I really need to make some headway with developing a better way of providing for my family! From all I had read HP's was suppose to be one of the best ways of doing this online; but, now I've learned that isn't always the case. There turns out to be a multitude who have been as unfortunate with this as me.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

personally i find it hard to believe that anyone on here makes any real money . i have been here a year and i've made $.38. i come on here because i like to write and debate, not for money but that's just me.

6. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

I assume you mean google ad sense?

The hubpages ad program is the primary form of income now. As far as I understand from reading around the website, the difference between having both adsense and hubpages ad programs active and just hubpages ad program is minimal. Therefore, you will still make around the same amount of money without google adsense.

7. Traffic Creator profile image58
    Traffic Creatorposted 6 years ago

I understand your feelings. I know hub pages is a community for people who enjoy writing but I don't think all the people who come here do not have this intention. There are lot of people come to hub pages to earn money because it has earning options. I believe, of course, you will develop an online income. You could try again what's the problem with adsense, contact with expert or leave hub pages. Because internet is not limited only hub pages. Another thing hub pages has own ad program, you could try it.

8. drumweaver profile image80
    drumweaverposted 6 years ago

for sure!!!  writing quality content can still help promote your own business or product or whatever you're doing - even if it's a non-profit or charity you believe in... why not?

and, also to practice and hone your writing skills...

working