jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is a good excuse for being late?

1. dan-1 profile image77
    dan-1posted 6 years ago

What is a good excuse for being late?

It can be late to work, school, a funneral, a date, anything.  I just want to know your excuses.  I am using this as comparative research for a future Hub.

2. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 6 years ago

When I drove I used to use traffic all the time. Now that I don't drive and ride the bus, I just say I missed my bus and had to walk. It doesn't happen often, and usually i'm something stupid like 45 minutes early due to my bus.

3. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

Do your best to go on time then if you are late tell frankly the real reason is the best excuse.

4. breathing profile image62
    breathingposted 6 years ago

I always reach my class in time but if I am late in a date only then I show the excuse. I tell about the traffic.

5. lzlpio90 profile image83
    lzlpio90posted 6 years ago

i was late today because my watch stop working... It didn't alarmed me so i wake up so late....big_smile

6. DavyJones02 profile image84
    DavyJones02posted 6 years ago

I always blame public transit, but a realy good excuse would be if you helped a person in need while on your way to work/school. Helping out other people should be more important than being always on time!

7. professionalhub profile image61
    professionalhubposted 6 years ago

There can be a excuse when we are late few times a year.But If we are often late  no body is going to believe our excuse

8. lydocia profile image61
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

I try never to be late. Of course, I miserably fail. I am a sleepy head and a woman after all. wink

When I am late, I try not to make excuses. I am just honest. Of course, sometimes it's just "I overslept" or "I got lost on the way here". Those are embarrassing. Forcing myself to semi-embarrass myself because I am late, I automatically teach myself a lesson and will keep that in mind for the next time - and be on time instead.

9. profile image0
    leann2800posted 6 years ago

I think hazardous driving conditions like hurricanes and heavy smoke SHOULD be a good reason. I did have to attend class despite a hurricane. Afterall, class was cancelled for 2 previous hurricanes. Like having more of them makes it less hazardous? I also had to turn around because I was trapped on a road that was closed due to smoke. I didn't make it to work at all and did get jokes about it. But, I don't think a person should have to risk their life to beat a time clock or have perfect attendance/

10. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

Just tell the truth and don't use and excuse. My commute time is so variable that the traffic is the usual reason...

working