jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

How long did it take you to get your first $50 payment from hub pages?

1. Keeley Shea profile image77
    Keeley Sheaposted 5 years ago

How long did it take you to get your first $50 payment from hub pages?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I joined 17 months ago, have yet to get first payment, not even half-way there for minimum yet.

3. Billy Hicks profile image85
    Billy Hicksposted 5 years ago

It took me about three months to hit the $50, then about another month to actually get paid. I'm not sure what the cutoff dates are for earnings/payments.

Since then, I've hit the $50 about every other month, on average.

4. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I am not able to be as active on HP as others, so it took me about 8 months.  It does take time and diligence in writing efforts.

5. JesadaB profile image74
    JesadaBposted 5 years ago

Well I think I have been on HP for a bit over a year now and am a little over half way to a payout. I don't know what I am not doing correctly but I wish someone would tell me lol...I finally reached the 10,000 views mark but still have not had any payments of any kind....I am however keeping my fingers crossed and writing hubs when I can.

6. Escobana profile image72
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Not a dime yet and here for a year but...I really don´t care. I´m not in it for the big cash. I´m in it for the personal development and the joy of writing and getting awesome comments.

I met great and wonderful writers, I see about 2 dollars a month on my account but I never doubt my talent as a writer based on a figure like that. I like what I do, followers like what they read and I am as happy as one can be:-)

7. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

I haven't hit a pay out, yet. I have over a hundred hubs on various topics. I have just hit the 10,000 view mark. I have been here for over a year, but I only publish hubs part time. I joined for the exposure, not the money, although money would be nice.

8. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I just received my first payment this month! So it took me six months. I didn't plan on getting any money until after the first year so it came as a big surprise. For me, the most gratifying part of joining Hub Pages has been the community support and sharing, though. I wish I'd had the courage to join ages ago!

9. JKSophie profile image74
    JKSophieposted 5 years ago

It took 5 months before it got credited on my paypal account.

10. profile image57
    Robin Thomas Eposted 5 years ago

Seems like there are plenty of people who have trouble reaching the minimum payout threshold even after spending a year here. Maybe they seriously have to start thinking about SEO, and how they can bring in more traffic to their hubs.

1. Diana Lee profile image82
      Diana Leeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you are right, Robin.  Show us what you can do. Welcome to Hub pages.

11. Anthony Binks profile image75
    Anthony Binksposted 5 years ago

6 months in and 18 hubs down but I am only about a fifth of the way there.
    So I would think it will take about 90 hubs and 2 years for me to raach the $50 mark.

working