jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think, why there is Riots in UK ? If its inside job then why whats t

1. fawwad hussaini profile image61
    fawwad hussainiposted 6 years ago

What do you think, why there is Riots in UK ? If its inside job then why whats the reason ?

2. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Stupid young people with too much time on their hands and too many things handed to them.  If these young people knew what it was like to work for a living, they would never riot and burn places of business down.  The bloke that was shot by the police was not exactly a model citizen.  A gang banger who died of a gunshot.  What did he think was going to happen when he joined a gang?

3. Ryan Nguyen profile image58
    Ryan Nguyenposted 6 years ago

I think the main reason is because the police have too much power.

4. fawwad hussaini profile image61
    fawwad hussainiposted 6 years ago

but right now, its spreading and on many incident people looting other people and burning public properties. this isn't direct collision with police...

5. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I figure it has to do with all of the social welfare programs that were cut in the UK after the bank bail outs...something that may happen in America soon. I have always said that the only way to get people to rise up would be to stop their welfare checks. Also, the incident involving a questionable police shooting seemed to enrage quite a few; though i personally think they are being a bit ridiculous. The fact remaint that, as in the rest of the industrialized world, average citizens are pissed off at their respective governments. They just want a reason to revolt.

I would also like to mention that I think it's obvious now that the UK's gun laws, which are incredibly strict, have done next to nothing to protect the populace...given the recent rampages. I just wanted to throw in my own political opinion regarding gun legislation. Again, people are mad and many are unemployed. If you have nothing better to do and you're angry at authority, why not start a riot? It worked in Egypt.

working