Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (70 posts)
  1. Oilersmyth profile image63
    Oilersmythposted 11 years ago

Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

I want to hear other people's opinion on this. I'm currently doing research for a personal project, and would love to hear people's opinion.

2. profile image0
    jomineposted 11 years ago

Good question, as long as you consider no concpiracy theory can be disproved.

1. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How about facts and logic. If 3 WTC bldgs came down by controlled demolition (tons of iron microspheres in the dust; insufficient potential energy in the bldgs to do all the work), then it could only have been an inside job. Unless Martians...

2. profile image0
      jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, the facts says Osama led terrorists flew planes into the building without the help of 'potential energy".

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image76
    Zubair Ahmedposted 11 years ago

It would be silly to think otherwise.  America is the most powerful country in the world (as they say in media) and you are telling me that some stupid idiots with a few days of flying experience hijack 3 plans on the same day and manage to fly it into a zone that is more secure than than Buckingham palace without triggering any alarms.  The armed jets guarding NYC are supposed to scramble within 25 secs of UFO flying over NYC and on that they don't.

You might want to visit - http://www.911truth.org/ for more info.

I can accept that the terrorists blowing up something small but to do t on that scale and leave so much silly clues around that they were identified so quickly after the incident is just to much out of hollywood movie and stinks of a scripted plan.

That's just my view based on the info I have seen and after looking at the research done by - http://www.ae911truth.org/

They can hide it as much as they like - but the truth will prevail and the story will be told maybe not now but in the decades to come future generations will find the truth.

Good luck with finding the truth.

1. Mazzy Bolero profile image68
      Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If this is so, why would the terrorists who were killed in these acts agree to sacrifice their lives to assist the US Government to con the US people?

2. LandmarkWealth profile image67
      LandmarkWealthposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why would these so called explosives planted by the Gov't not just be blamed on the terrorists. Why bother covering them up with a risky airline attack that could go wrong. The theories, like most conspiracy theories defy the laws of science.

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image76
      Zubair Ahmedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the comment do yourself a favour and visit the two sites I have provided above.  Those engineers and architects have nothing to gain by showing the light on the untruths that the government has been feeding the people about 911

4. LandmarkWealth profile image67

I have seen them long ago.  They have been debunked by numerous peer reviewed studies.  The earlier link was one which addressed all of them by numerous bodies.  Once Again for your own edification...http://www.debunking911.com/index.html

5. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sadly enough, the US has long ago sacrificed not only its soldiers but also its civilian citizens in all sorts of experiments.
      http://garifalia.hubpages.com/hub/Is-it-a-female-world
      watch the tape attached at the end of the above article.

6. LandmarkWealth profile image67

That doesn't change the fact that every conspiracy theory has been debunked by independent peer reviewed scientific anaylsis.  The Gov't is just not that sophisticated.  They can't even stop identity theives from filing phony tax refunds.

7. Oilersmyth profile image63
      Oilersmythposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The laws of science are also defyed in the official story. WTC 7 was the first EVER steel framed bulding to collapse with zero physical contact. Witnesses, some of which I've talked to, reported hearing bombs before WTC 7 collapsed.

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mazzy, you are making the mistake of believing what the government has said.  Remote control flying of those planes as a technology has existed since the 1960's.

9. lone77star profile image73

Good pts, Zubair. Mazzy, some of the supposed hijackers who were supposedly killed contacted news media after 9/11 to say that they were still alive and had no part in it. Oops! So much for the government's version of "truth"

10. LandmarkWealth profile image67

Now it's remote controls flying the plane.  Never mind the fact that one of the pilots was a relative of a good friend of mine.  I suppose they're hiding their cousin in the basement for the last decade. You guys really are insuling to vicitims.

11. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One day, decades ago the Japanese, while conducting peace talks in Washington bombed Pearl Harbor, drawing us into WWII. It was not an inside job. Tragic events occur. There is seldom a good reason or explanation.

12. LandmarkWealth profile image67

No, it wasn't but many of the same theories were attempted at pinning this "he knew in advance" theory on FDR as well.  While I am no great fan of most of FDR's presidency...That was simply a ridiculous accustation back then as well.

4. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

No . It would notnor  will never be possible to keep such a secret  on such large a scale!

Compartmentalization. Greed. Culpability and guilt plus self-preservation. And how about agreement with the aims and purposes of the perpetrators?

2. Oilersmyth profile image63

America is slowly taking away our privacy and rights. 9/11 played a big role. Now we can be stripped if we are accused of terrorism. This was absurd before 9/11.

3. lone77star profile image73

If u give someone millions of dollars and a place in New World Order above the slaves and serfs, you might keep a secret forever, especially if your psych profile proved you to be unscrupulous. And anyone who bucks this system is demonized or dead

5. LandmarkWealth profile image67
    LandmarkWealthposted 11 years ago

If you're doing research on this topic let me suggest to you, that I am no engineer.  However one of my clients is a former NYFD employee who was quite high ranking at the time of 911.  He later did a large amount of work as an independent consultant for emergency preparation and still does.  We have discussed this at length on a few occassions.  He directed me to the NIST report which has done detailed reconstruction to the most minute aspect of the events from an enginnering standpoint.  The science behind this really makes many of the accusation of an inside job look ridiculous.  It is quite long and detailed.  And much of the engineering aspects had to be explained to me as I have no formal training in the field.  The report can be found here. 

http://www.nist.gov/el/disasterstudies/wtc/

What is sad is that the NIST report has too many holes to be taken seriously. They finally admitted that WTC7 collapsed at free fall. They denied anyone ever saying anything about molten metal, but there were numerous witnesses "caught" on video.

That's not true.  I ran the report past my retired father in-law a construction engineer who helped build WTC from start to finish. He and his colleagues validated everything in it down to the vaporizing of glass So did the report by Popularmechanics

"That" meaning "what?" What's not true? Chief NIST scientists denied anyone saw molten metal. Check out the eyewitness testimony on YouTube -- firemen who saw it first hand.

I have seen the You tube videos.  NIST will not report on speculation without evidence. The Molten Steel was explained in many reports.  This is one.  http://www.debunking911.com/moltensteel.htm

5. Oilersmyth profile image63

Thanks. I will read that right away.

6. lone77star profile image73

Not debunked, sorry. Still too many questions. Iron microspheres by the tons in the dust. Pools of previously molten iron in the basements. Hot spots weeks after 9/11 over 1000 degrees from satellite photos! Insufficient PE to do all the work.

7. LandmarkWealth profile image67

I will assume you didn't read the link since both of those accusations were easily explained by numerous studies.  While the only study that supports it was not peer reviewed and could not gain the support of Jones own engineering dept staff.

8. lone77star profile image73

I looked at both. NIST was a joke. The other was at least interesting, but not close to a debunk.

Try this:
      http://video.pbs.org/video/2270078138

9. LandmarkWealth profile image67

I still don't see anything in here that was not explained already with a reasonable and probable scientific explanation by numerous independent non Gov studies.  In the world of Independent scientist, there is no serious standing for this view.

lone77starposted 11 years ago

I think it's very possible. In fact, the large amount of evidence points to an inside job.

In October, 2000, Nick Rockefeller told the late Hollywood producer, Aaron Russo, that there would be a big event coming up soon which would give US Iraq and Afghanistan and that we would be chasing terrorists in caves, and that we would be conducting a never-ending war on terror. Interesting details. Mr. Russo didn't know what to make of it until the big event 11 months later led to an attack on those 2 countries.

Several military officers really blew it on 9/11 in not protecting our air space from the hijackers and in not protecting the Pentagon. And yet every one of them was promoted after 9/11. VP Dick Cheney was aware of the airplane headed for the Pentagon 20 minutes out, 10 minutes out, 5 minutes. According to Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta, Cheney told one soldier that the "order still stands." But what order? If it was to shoot down planes off course and not responding, then they had their chance and blew it. If the order was to stand down, then why? They were on one of several drills that day with mock hijackings during the actual hijackings. Why then? Why were most of the jet fighters on the East Coast doing drills on the same day?

Why did the government commit a felony by destroying crime scene evidence starting on 9/11 -- shipping WTC steel overseas as cheap scrap?

Why did Bush block other investigations and drag his feet on a federal investigation for more than 400 days? Why did he underfund the investigation with far less than that used to investigation Clinton's sexual infidelities?

WTC 1, 2 and 7 collapsed at near free-fall acceleration. The original Potential Energy (PE) of each bldg was used almost entirely for that acceleration. It takes far more PE to fall at near free-fall, completely pulverize all of the concrete in each bldg, bend or break all the previously undamaged steel beams in each bldg, eject massive pyroclastic clouds across all of Lower Manhattan, and heat up those clouds as felt by nearby witnesses. Each of these extras takes immense amounts of energy not available in the original gravitational potential.

The fires were not hot enough to melt steel, and yet there were at least several tons of iron microspheres in the 9/11 dust. This indicates previously molten iron. These facts prove controlled demolition. Controlled demolition takes weeks of unfettered access which proves inside job.

Plus much more!...

Your opinion is the most similar to mine. I totally understand your point of view. Thanks for sharing!

This is a shorter answer to your question on supposed rare chemical compounds found.  This way you wont have to read hours worth of studies.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWpC_1WP … r_embedded

3. profile image0

If the Twin Towers were an inside job, why was the Pentagon hit and why was their a fourth plane. How did Bin Laden figure in this inside job. Too many holes to think this was an inside job. No one should say it was a coincidence to the other attacks

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

Larry Silverstein had taken out insurance on his world trade towers to include "terrorist attack" just a short time before the towers were destroyed.

Larry Silverstein and practically half his family all were well known to spend at least their mornings at the trade center towers every single business day.

How LUCKY it was for Larry Silverstein and his family that they just happened to not be in those towers that fateful day!!!

Perhaps the God of Israel just loves Larry Silverstein and his wonderful family - but I tend to doubt that the God of Israel loves the Silverstein clan any more than anyone else....incidentally, the wikipedia page about the man is rather short of information.  Also, the man plainly stated for all on national television how building seven was demolished with explosives....which should be obvious, as nothing hit building seven.

1. profile image0

If you are right, why has this not come to trial. Is that part of the conspiracy? BTW---lol lol lol repeated as you did ranks as the most immature comment I have ever seen on Hub Pages. Congratulations, you give real credence to your theory.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81

You could bother to look into it?  Nah, you won't.  You're just a scared old man.

3. LandmarkWealth profile image67

Larry, such an unprovoked personal attack is just evidence of someone without any substance to their argument.  Don't let it bother you.

4. Oilersmyth profile image63

Please, no bashing other people. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

5. lone77star profile image73

@LandmarkWealth, wd be nice if it were that simple. There's plenty of evidence. And some of it by NYFD members too afraid to lose their pensions.

Iron microspheres by the tons! Prove controlled demolition! Which proves inside job! And much more!...

6. LandmarkWealth profile image67

You can't loose your Pension...Where do you get this stuff. Ever hear of vesting...I live in NY. Half the people I wento HS with are firemen and cops.  They were all there and not one I have met believes this stuff.

7. profile image0

If this was an inside job aimed at the Trade Center, why were the Pentagon and Capitol also targets. It would seem if you wanted to do an inside job you would had stopped with the Trade Center. What value did Silverstein get from the other two attack

8. Oilersmyth profile image63

The part of the Pentagon that was attacked had the info about the 3 million dollar debt America had. Suspicious?

9. LandmarkWealth profile image67

3 million debt...LOL  America at the time had a debt of over 4 trillion dollars...3 million was about 15 minutes worth of intererest.

8. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

I do not believe for one second that 9/11 was an inside job. I think that during Clinton's term we just got too lackadaisical on Home security and got caught with our pants down. (No pun intended)

1. profile image0

I think you are correct. We had other security problems during his term.

2. Conservative Lady profile image71
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I to think you are correct - we need to keep our pants up - pun intended - I couldn't resist = my apologies

3. Oilersmyth profile image63

America needs to pull its pants up. Mainstream media is promoting lewd material much more nowadays. Very sad.

4. lone77star profile image73

@JThomp42, for 10 years I believed the Bush conspiracy theory. No more.

Don't be fooled like the Germans 80 years ago. We have been caught with our pants down and our Constitution is being shredded by the same people who perpetrated 9/11

5. profile image0

As I stated above, if 911 attack on the Twin Towers was an inside job to collect insurance money, why did the terrorists attack the Pentagon and try to attack the Capitol, but were stopped by the passengers. What did the conspirators gain.

6. Oilersmyth profile image63

The attack on the pentagon and attempted attack on the white house were staged so it looked less suspicious for the guy claiming insurance.

9. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

No, I do think 9/11 was an inside job. If so does that mean Osama Bin Laden was an employee of the U.S. government. Our defenses were down. The intelligence community fumbled the ball and more attention was given to traditional military and terrorist targets.

Conspiracy theories are really bothersome. They pop up years later. They can never be proved and the discussion of it accomplishes little.

9/11 was a tragedy. I walked into my office right before the second tower was hit. We knew then it was no accident.

9/11 was a terrorist attack against this country. If we stop believing that, we are going to make ourselves vulnerable to another such attack.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was quite the scientific response.  Even the NYFD who know more about buildings collapsing than anyone and lost more than anyone, never bought into this conspiracy nor made and request for such an investigation.

3. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dear Mr. Wall,
      I would so much like to believe that it was as you think. However, there truly is too much evidence pointing the other way. We'll never know the truth but I'm hoping you're right and the rest of us are wrong.

4. profile image0

Garifalia, thank you for your kind remarks. I can only stay there are many cons theories, but apparently not enough evidence to go to trial. We had a Kennedy conspiracy witch hunt in LA years ago. The DA went to trail and lost. He lost the election.

5. Conservative Lady profile image71
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You gave a very mature and reasonable answer Larry - I very much agree with you. We let our guard done and I pray we never have a tragedy to that extent again.

Larry, blindness against the real culprits also makes us vulnerable! At least 5 of the "terrorists" said after 9/11 that they weren't dead and had nothing to do with it. Oops!

Why did the gov't commit a felony by destroying crime scene evidence?

7. profile image0

Lone77star--how much value do we give to what some terrorists said. Did they take an oath not to lie. I just find it difficult to accept that if all this alleged evidence is out there, why has nothing been done--possibly the 'evidence' is bogus.

10. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 11 years ago

By studying what the US and Britain were able to conjure up in the past in other countries, I do believe it was. I mean come on, the US has had the best secret intelligence in the world ever since the second World War. The people in charge had taken their measures.

I agree. Too much power leads to corruption.

11. wellspoken profile image59
    wellspokenposted 11 years ago

somtimes i do and then sometimes i dont but its hard to say because you will jsut never know the truth until someone tells it. I dont however believe that there is some missing pieces to this puzzle because it is extremely hard to believe that the US let there guards down for that moment and didnt see this coming. Also there in no way as American people on that plane couldnt have come together and try to do more to take back control over the plane. They didnt have guns from what I understand just box cutters...there is strength in numbers but then again you just dont know it might have been to late to stop the plane once it was already so close to crashing into the building but for two plane to crash like that back to back it something fishy about that.

1. profile image0

When you fear for your life and do not know the plan you are cautious. That is why the people in the fourth plane did take control and made the ultimate sacrifice.

2. Oilersmyth profile image63

What is fishy about the fourth plane is, people managed to use their phones to call people on an airplane. Using phones for calling in airplanes is pretty much impossible. Very fishy.

And also fishy that the military, which usually responds within a few minutes, couldn't respond in over an hour! Officers responsible for the failure were promoted after 9/11! VP Cheney knew of the plane approaching Pentagon 20 minutes before!

There is no proof anyone knowing anything in advance.  And the Gov't responding to anything late is nothing new.  New Orleans still has places without power. The storm was last week.  What a surprise.

5. profile image0

You can use cell phones on airplanes, you are just not suppose to. As a plane fly lower, it can catch a cell town for a connection. Also, Blackberry Pin messages use another system. Finally, some planes have air phones.

6. Oilersmyth profile image63

Airphones were not real back then. And the government claims the dude called from a cell phone. Cell phones do not work on airplanes, as the airplane machinery disrupts reception. It's all too obvious.

7. LandmarkWealth profile image67

Airphones existed long before 9-11.  And cell phones work on planes.  The pilots just request you dont use them because they can potentially interfere with the planes operations.  I am sure that is lees of a concern in a hijacking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)