jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What, in your opinion, is the best way to handle co workers with negative attitu

1. xXSweetiXx profile image60
    xXSweetiXxposted 6 years ago

What, in your opinion, is the best way to handle co workers with negative attitudes?

Of which have caused the entire work environment difficult to bear. After seeking management guidance, from many employees, yet nothing has been done.

2. RavenBiker profile image61
    RavenBikerposted 6 years ago

I'm cordial at best.  Negative attituded people usually don't last.  They dig their hole and pull  the dirt over their heads----eventually.  If the Negative Nancy is your boss, look for another job.

3. profile image0
    Charlene Marianoposted 6 years ago

Ignore them and just do your best to fulfill you duties in your job. Get things done excellently and portray that you are an enigma of positive attitude. In the long run, you will create  a ripple effect. It takes time so be patient. This is the cost if you want change -- PATIENCE.

4. PixChic profile image55
    PixChicposted 6 years ago

Patience is a definite! Be the better person in every situation you can. Keep the trash talk to a minimum, people are quick to spot a hypocrite..

5. catsimmons profile image81
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

Try using a sense of humour to jolly them along...

6. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

Ignoring his ideas, thoughts & actions. Then mix these items with some patience.
    Sure, you will be all OK.
    I am a chief accountant & I have like this people in my team, and I know that some of my team are waiting for my action. But as team leader you should do it at the proper time.

7. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

Let them read the company manual which will refresh their memory reasons for termination.

8. Diana Grant profile image92
    Diana Grantposted 6 years ago

I have been in a position of hiring and firing for 20 years, in small firms. During that time regrettably I have fired three  secretaries for having a negative attitude.

First of all I explained how their attitude was upsetting other staff, and suggested how they could change, and gave them time to do so, but, in the end, I did ask them to leave. 

We were a small and cohesive workforce, everyone cheerful and willing to learn and to turn their hand to whatever was needed to make things run smoothly, whereas each of these negative people, in their own way, had a knack of upsetting the applecart, by being miserable and complaining, no matter how much people tried to support them and help them out. Other people had to take on thei extra work burden whilst these women swanned around making excuses for why they couldn't do a full day's work, bad-mouthing the other staff, and generally creating a bad atmosphere.

As I was the person who had initially hired them, and knew their credentials, I was very disappointed to find that even though they had proven abiliity, i.e. good skills, efficient, and turning out good work, they caused disharmony to such an extent that their behaviour became intolerable, and quite inappropriate for the workplace.

Each of them was very shocked to be asked to leave, and two of them were quite threatening, but I would rather have been taken to court than put up with the miserable atmosphere and tension which they engendered on a daily basis.  In the event, none of them did take me to court, and I hope they learnt a lesson to take to their new jobs.

working