Do you think you work to hard?

1. Nspeel profile image76
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

Do you think you work to hard?

I am just curious most people here work in a day. I work 3 jobs and only have about 2 hours from wake up to bed time for 'me time'. My boss actually only sleeps 4 hours a day and is lucky to grab 1 hour for 'his time'. How hard do you work and for how many hours?

2. PixChic profile image55
    PixChicposted 6 years ago

I am finally at a place where I only work 40- 46 hours a week at my job and spend a few hours a week on my degree. In the past I have wroked long hours at highly physical jobs with little time for eating and sleeping let alone life and family. This made me desire a better life and I worked for it.
    The real test if you are working too hard will manifest itself in your life. I knew I had reached my physical and mental limits when my health was failing and the strss of balancing my work and life were no longer worth it. Your life is your choice, and the decisions you make are yours. I would only hope that you do what is most important to you and what brings you true reward.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Yes, I most certainly do. Right now I'm working 18-hour days, seven days a week and have been for the past six months. If I'm lucky, I can sleep when I'm done working -- if I'm not, baby decides she's going to stay up for a while. Thankfully, I am making huge advancements on my goals, and should be able to revert to a more sane schedule within the next few months. This is not something I desire to keep up, and as soon as my training program is launched then I can calm down -- I just need the darn thing out and hopefully the first round filled before mid-November.

As far as how hard I work -- it's not physically difficult, but very mentally strenuous. I spend my time very focused on my work so a lot gets done, but not much respite for the brain. Lunch over -- back to it! big_smile

working