jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Working Only a Few Hours per Week as an...

1. Deon Christie profile image61
    Deon Christieposted 8 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Working Only a Few Hours per Week as an Affiliate Marketer (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Is affiliate marketing still a thing? It's a spammy topic indeed. HubPages is trying to get away from that image so you have to be careful about how to approach it.

Your article doesn't really tell us anything new - we all sort of know that to get to working just a few hours a week, you first have to work all the hours in the week for as long as it takes.

You can't self-promote here, so you'd need to delete the links to your business.

Deon Christieposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi theraggededge,

Pleasure making your acquaintance, and thanks for the advice. Makes a lot of sense I must admit, my aim however is more toward helping the complete newbie. There are so many "Gurus" promising instant riches, but we all fell for that at some point in time.

Back to planning then, as I want my Hubpages audience to find my work as helpful as my blogs and social audiences. Thanks for the honest review, and have a lovely day...

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

You are pushing a passive income message that other better resourced and brilliant people have already pushed longer and better, and that is currently obsolete anyway.  The internet ecosystem has proved too variable for this lovely idea to actually work in practice for the vast majority of people.  I suggest that you pick a new topic that has more value and where you have more of a unique and useful angle.

Hi psycheskinner,

Pleasure making your acquaintance and thanks for the honest review. Good point, there are indeed a lot of writing regarding this topic. I will work on a better topic, and try to provide my Hubpages audience with more suitable and interesting content.

Thanking you for your honest reply, have a lovely day.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 weeks ago

The Four-Hour Work Week is a very, very old idea.  When I started blogging it was a realistic prospect and in early 2011, I thought I would get there, because I knew several professional bloggers who had already achieved it.  One of them lived on the French Riviera.

Then Google Panda happened.

Not one of those bloggers is still blogging or affiliate marketing for a living.  They are web designers, SEO consultants, or selling affiliate marketing courses to other poor saps (even though they know it no longer works).  For myself, I blog and write online for fun, not income, these days.

So, it may be that HubPages feels it is a spammy and outdated topic.  But more likely, it's because the article is clearly marketing your own blog, which is self-promotional, and not allowed.

Hi Marisa,

Pleasure making your acquaintance and thanks for taking the time to get back to me on this. I have to agree that some affiliate marketers do sell that which they know is nothing more than hot air.

Personally, I prefer purchasing and testing any product I am about to promote. Not only do I gain knowledge, but it also annihilates my refund rate. My primary focus is training as I know how I struggled when getting started, chasing every distant glitter and empty promise.

I will work on a better topic, and remove the links to my blog. Thanking you for your honesty.

Have a lovely day...

3. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image99
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 8 weeks ago

I disagree, affiliate marketing IS still a thing, but it’s success now depends on subtlety.

Hi Kierstin, affiliate marketing is very much still a Thing. I do agree with you on the subtlety, and more importantly content. I also agree with the rest of the audience, affiliate marketing may have reached saturation point and content is the only way to stand out.
      So, it's off to research for me. I promised to improve, and so I will.
      Have a lovely evening,
      D

working