jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it is possible to find a job using social media networking?

1. rachealomack profile image60
    rachealomackposted 6 years ago

Do you think it is possible to find a job using social media networking?

With so many people on social networks and even places like monster.com using their BeKnown app and others, do you think it is possible to find a job purely from online interactions or do you still need to call and email?

2. profile image0
    Nick Lucasposted 6 years ago

anything is possible....but in general no...not alone...maybe some leads but social media is frowned on by a lot of big business types....I have found this as I work on occasion with venture capitalist and business owners as a consultant

3. The Optimizers profile image60
    The Optimizersposted 6 years ago

Yes it is possible, especially in the field of search marketing.

I have a friend who was offered jobs (and took one of them) purely from interacting on social sites.

Look at Linkedin, many people are offered jobs and even head hunted on there every day.

4. ibodner profile image58
    ibodnerposted 6 years ago

If you know what you are doing....then Yes.  It is possible only if you are prepared to dive deep into the social networking word.

- Ilya Bodner

5. profile image61
    anglowriterposted 6 years ago

I was very excited when I found a job on Facebook of all places completely unexpectedly.  According to statistics Beknownn a part of Monster.com will try to overtake Branchout on Facebook as there are more users on there than in LNKD.

http://anglowriter.hubpages.com/hub/How … 00k-a-year

6. Gary Bloomer profile image59
    Gary Bloomerposted 6 years ago

Specifically? No, social media alone will not get you a job. It can't. You need to use as many avenues to connect and to engage with people as possible. Social media alone may not get you a job, but it can, if used strategically, get your experience, skill set, and accomplishments in front of the right people.

To land that dream job you need to connect with people: at some point this will mean talking to them on the phone or via video conferencing, or by meeting them in person. Social media might get you an introduction, but it will be that face to face meeting that will count. That, and your input. Your burning desire to get the job and your enthusiasm to contribute to the success of the company.

Gary Bloomer, Princeton, NJ, USA

7. fx247 profile image36
    fx247posted 5 years ago

You can Get Paid From Social Media Jobs, check this video for details.
    1.Posting Facebook comments -- $25 per hour
    2.Commenting on and 'liking' YouTube videos $20 per hour
    3.Tweeting' special offers and promotions -- $200 per week part time
    4.Social Media Manager -- $1050 per week full time
    5.Managing Facebook groups and contests $27 per hour